* [BUG] Mention #+PRINT_BIBLIOGRAPHY in the Org manual
@ 2022-06-13 10:59 Rudolf Adamkovič
From: Rudolf Adamkovič @ 2022-06-13 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello there!

I wonder why the Org manual at

https://orgmode.org/manual/Citation-handling.html

does not mention the #+PRINT_BIBLIOGRAPHY keyword.

It all makes no sense without printing the bibliography, right?

(Not sure, hence the question mark.)

Rudy
--
"Thinking is a momentary dismissal of irrelevancies."
-- Richard Buckminster Fuller, 1969

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia

* Re: [BUG] Mention #+PRINT_BIBLIOGRAPHY in the Org manual
@ 2022-06-14  6:47 ` Marvin Gülker
From: Marvin Gülker @ 2022-06-14  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am Montag, dem 13. Juni 2022 schrieb Rudolf Adamkovič:
> It all makes no sense without printing the bibliography, right?

In a footnote citation style, it can make sense, and it is common in
German judicial articles. We do not need separate bibliographies there,
because we instead do cross-referencing in footnotes. The first footnote
contains the full bibliographic information, the subsequent ones
abbreviate it and reference the first footnote.

But I do agree that the manual should of course mention it.

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu | PGP: Siehe Webseite
Passau, Deutschland  | kontakt@guelker.eu    | O<