* Getting email from MS outlook into emacs
@ 2023-11-28  3:09 Doyley, Marvin M.
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2023-11-28  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi there,

I have been trying to configure mbsync to download email from MS Outlook.  Unfortunately, the new oauth2 authentication makes things difficult, especially since my institution has disabled the Azure App permission.

Does anybody have a workaround?  I just want the email message to be linked to my todos, which is almost impossible.  I am working on a Mac and org-mac-link just hangs when I try to grab Outlook emails.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

PS I have also tried Davmail, which almost worked, except my institution placed another roadblock.
----
Marvin M. Doyley, Ph.D.
Wilson Professor of Electronic Imaging
Professor and Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Professor Imaging Sciences,
University of Rochester
518 Computer Studies Building Rochester NY 14627
Tel: 585-275-3774 Fax: 585-273-4919
Website: http://www.ece.rochester.edu/projects/doyley_lab/

* Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs
@ 2023-11-29 19:08 Presnell,Brett Douglas
From: Presnell,Brett Douglas @ 2023-11-29 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I had to deal with this last spring.  I finally got things working again
with mbsync, msmtp, mu/mu4e, and for the oauth stuff, pizauth.  This
combination has worked well for me ever since.  Most of the details can
be found at

   https://brettpresnell.com/post/email/

I am still using an early version of pizauth, so it's possible that the
details of setting it up may have changed a bit.