* Bug Report: refile and attachments
@ 2010-07-23  9:52 Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2010-07-23  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

1.       Exactly what I did

I created an entry in an org file.

I added an attachment to that entry.

I used refile (C-c C-w) to move the entry to another org file.

I visited that file and attempted to open the attachment (C-c C-a o).

2.       What I expected:

Because there was only one attachment associated with the entry, I expected
it to open.

3.       What happened instead:

I was prompted for an attachment name. Hitting <tab> showed "no match" in
the minibuffer.

* Re: Bug Report: refile and attachments
@ 2010-07-23 10:58 ` Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2010-07-23 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Colin Fraizer" <orgmode@cfraizer.com> writes:

> 1.       Exactly what I did
>
> I created an entry in an org file.
>
> I added an attachment to that entry.
>
> I used refile (C-c C-w) to move the entry to another org file.

Before doing this, can you try opening it from initial org file itself.

using C-c C-a o

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

@ 2010-07-23 11:06   ` Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2010-07-23 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know it's not _exactly_ the same, but I re-filed it back to the original
file (C-c C-w) and then opened it successfully (C-c C-a o).  It didn't
prompt me (because there was only one attachment).

I just tried it with a new entry and attachment file (of the same type) and
it worked.  Hmn.

Oh, I see the problem.  In the failing case, the org files are in different
directories.  (I didn't realize it because they are both agenda files and I
was using the path-oriented interactive refilling.) I would expect the
refile to move the attachments to the target's attachment directory
regardless.

[Sorry I didn't have time to debug the elisp myself.  I may look later if no
one jumps in before me.  I don't want to be a leech. 8-]

> I used refile (C-c C-w) to move the entry to another org file.

Before doing this, can you try opening it from initial org file itself.

using C-c C-a o

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

> I visited that file and attempted to open the attachment (C-c C-a o).
>
> 2.       What I expected:
>
> Because there was only one attachment associated with the entry, I
expected
> it to open.
>
> 3.       What happened instead:
>
> I was prompted for an attachment name. Hitting <tab> showed "no match" in
> the minibuffer.

* Re: RE: Bug Report: refile and attachments
@ 2010-07-24 11:39     ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-07-24 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Fraizer