* Problem with org-agenda-clockreport-mode and tag-filtered view in agenda
@ 2014-11-13 11:12 Benoit Bidoggia
From: Benoit Bidoggia @ 2014-11-13 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Starting from around two weeks ago, I have a problem with
org-agenda-clockreport-mode.
In agenda view, calling org-agenda-clockreport-mode with the prefix C-u (so
C-u R) used to give me a summary of the hours excluding the task which had
been filtered out by the tag filter (called with / and tags).
Now this feature seems to have disappeared: on a filtered by tag list, the
clock report table called with R alone or with C-u R gives exactly the same
results. This means that C-u R lists also all the tasks which have been
hidden by the tag filtering.

This happens on the following configuration:
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Emacs 24.3.1 for Windows (GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of
2013-03-17 on MARVIN)
- Org-mode 8.2.10 (Org-mode version 8.2.10 (8.2.10-16-g4c37a9-elpa @
c:/Users/BEBI/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20141110/))

I also use the same configuration on a Linux system, and I had managed to
temporarily solve the problem uninstalling the latest (at the time) version
of org-mode and using the old version bundled with emacs. I don't have the
info on the emacs and org-mode version of the linux system now, but if
required I can look for it later.

Has anyone experiences something similar? Did the command change? Am I
missing something?

Thank you very much, best regards.
Benoît

* Re: Problem with org-agenda-clockreport-mode and tag-filtered view in agenda
@ 2014-11-25 20:41 ` Benoit Bidoggia
From: Benoit Bidoggia @ 2014-11-25 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

It might happen that my previous message went lost, so I take the freedom
of reposting a message on the same topic.

PROBLEM: Agenda clock report mode does not take into consideration filtered
view anymore (C-u R in agenda view).

It's behavior changed somewhere between version 8.2.4 (for which it works)
and version 8.2.10 (for which it doesn't work anymore).
Is it a bug or is it intentional?

I intensively use clock report with filtered views, so it has become quite
problematic for me.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Benoit Bidoggia <benoit.bidoggia@gmail.com

@ 2014-11-26  8:46   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-11-26  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Dear Benoit,

> PROBLEM: Agenda clock report mode does not take into consideration filtered
> view anymore (C-u R in agenda view).
>
> It's behavior changed somewhere between version 8.2.4 (for which it works)
> and version 8.2.10 (for which it doesn't work anymore).
> Is it a bug or is it intentional?
>
> I intensively use clock report with filtered views, so it has become quite
> problematic for me.

IMHO, the best way you can help to try and get the problem fixed is to
find the problematic commit.

In order to do, use the Git version of org-mode, and play a couple of
minutes with `git bisect':

#+begin_src sh
git bisect start BAD-COMMIT GOOD-COMMIT
#+end_src

Test...

If good:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect good
#+end_src

If bad:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect bad
#+end_src

And after a few more steps like that, "git bisect" will eventually find
a first bad commit:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect bad
2ddcca36c8bcfa251724fe342c8327451988be0d is the first bad commit
#+end_src

Send it to the list (and put the author of the commit in Cc).

Then use "git bisect reset" to go back to the branch we were in before
we started bisecting:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect reset
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Problem with org-agenda-clockreport-mode and tag-filtered view in agenda
@ 2014-11-26 19:10     ` Benoit Bidoggia
From: Benoit Bidoggia @ 2014-11-26 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Seb,

Thanks for the piece of advice. I'll do that asap.
I first need though to configure for the git version (now I'm using the
emacs package version).
I'll post on the list again when I find the problematic commit.

Thanks again, best regads.
Benoît

@ 2014-11-26 19:17       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-11-26 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Benoit Bidoggia wrote:
> Thanks for the piece of advice. I'll do that asap.
> I first need though to configure for the git version (now I'm using the
> emacs package version).

The following should do it -- if place right at the start of your .emacs
file (before any ELPA package initialization).

(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/org-mode/lisp") ; <--- update!

;; getting started
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\|txt\\)\\'" . org-mode))
(require 'org-loaddefs)

> I'll post on the list again when I find the problematic commit.

Good.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Problem with org-agenda-clockreport-mode and tag-filtered view in agenda
@ 2015-05-04 13:27         ` Josh Berdine
From: Josh Berdine @ 2015-05-04 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Bastien Guerry

Resurrecting an old thread that reported a problem that I am also
having: the prefix argument to org-agenda-clockreport-mode seems to be
ignored instead of applying the current filter.

I investigated, and commit 2e9c2d7128e0491491d00b585be83ac688587d00
<http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=2e9c2d7128e0491491d00b585be83ac688587d00>
appears to be first one where C-u R does not apply the current filter.
For me, commit 30220ffcdcef45c0237f80a2347d4da19877f64a works as
expected.  I also just checked master and maint, and they both still
ignore the prefix argument.

The commit message contains:

> (org-agenda-clockreport-mode, org-agenda-set-mode-name): Don't
>     consider tag filters.

So it seems that this behavior is intended, although the documentation
at <http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html> still refers to the
old behavior.

Is this assumption correct, and if so is there a different way to filter
the clockreport by tag?

Cheers, Josh