* ob-prolog is sick. . .
@ 2020-02-22 16:14 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2020-02-22 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

. . . can some nice doctor (with elisp skills beyond my laughable ones)
make a house call? The repo here <https://github.com/ljos/ob-prolog> has an
outstanding *issue* you can read. Also, if you run the .org test file, it
hangs after a few of the simpler tests. I think they're related. The
original provider says he just doesn't have time.

Besides the bad karma of listing a Babel language that actually doesn't
work, I would like to have Prolog working in Babel because I get the sense
Prolog's stock will slowly rise, mainly due to it being the basis of
querying graph databases. Prolog and RDF, basically.

LB

* Re: ob-prolog is sick. . .
@ 2020-02-23  9:35 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-23  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Lawrence,

Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> writes:

> Besides the bad karma of listing a Babel language that actually
> doesn't work, I would like to have Prolog working in Babel because I
> get the sense Prolog's stock will slowly rise, mainly due to it being
> the basis of querying graph databases. Prolog and RDF, basically.

I didn't have time to look at ob-prolog.el either.

If you know prolog: it is good opportunity to help the list understand
how prolog block execution works: what is the prolog interpreter known
by ob-prolog.el, how the interpreter is called when executing a block,
what would be the notion of a "session" for prolog blocks, etc.

If we know more about these points above, it will be easier and more
fun to dive into ob-prolog.el to see what can go wrong.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien