* mass conversion?
@ 2016-10-07  5:17 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2016-10-07  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

In an org-mode document which is then converted I'm using the latex
glossary package, which shows my glossary items as '\gls{foo}'. I'm now
getting to the stage of having a paper copy of the latexed PDF but am
finding that the glossary items in the main text do not show at all when
using just black text on a white background in the PDF.

So what I'm trying to do is to underline each one in the org-mode text
which converts very easily to underlined in the black/white paper PDF.

But how can I do it globally please, using just a couple of commands to
work on all instances in the org-mode file please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.1.1

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: mass conversion?
@ 2016-10-08  2:33 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2016-10-08  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> In an org-mode document which is then converted I'm using the latex
> glossary package, which shows my glossary items as '\gls{foo}'. I'm now
> getting to the stage of having a paper copy of the latexed PDF but am
> finding that the glossary items in the main text do not show at all when
> using just black text on a white background in the PDF.
>
> So what I'm trying to do is to underline each one in the org-mode text
> which converts very easily to underlined in the black/white paper PDF.
>
> But how can I do it globally please, using just a couple of commands to
> work on all instances in the org-mode file please?

I don't have much experience with LaTeX, but if I understand correctly,
what you're trying to do would typically be a candidate for a keyboard
macro in Emacs.  As in, press F3, then use normal commands to search for
the next occurance and modify it (using commands that go
forward/backward by word or syntax), and then F4 when you've finished
modifying that instance.  If you do it right, pressing F4 again should
modify the next instance, and so forth, until you reach the end of the
file.

There are also some handy packageson MELPA that will convert keyboard
macros to interactive commands/functions.

Hope this helps.

* Re: mass conversion?
@ 2016-10-08 18:03   ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2016-10-08 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)