Adam Porter writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > >> In an org-mode document which is then converted I'm using the latex >> glossary package, which shows my glossary items as '\gls{foo}'. I'm now >> getting to the stage of having a paper copy of the latexed PDF but am >> finding that the glossary items in the main text do not show at all when >> using just black text on a white background in the PDF. >> >> So what I'm trying to do is to underline each one in the org-mode text >> which converts very easily to underlined in the black/white paper PDF. >> >> But how can I do it globally please, using just a couple of commands to >> work on all instances in the org-mode file please? > > I don't have much experience with LaTeX, but if I understand correctly, > what you're trying to do would typically be a candidate for a keyboard > macro in Emacs. As in, press F3, then use normal commands to search for > the next occurance and modify it (using commands that go > forward/backward by word or syntax), and then F4 when you've finished > modifying that instance. If you do it right, pressing F4 again should > modify the next instance, and so forth, until you reach the end of the > file. > > There are also some handy packageson MELPA that will convert keyboard > macros to interactive commands/functions. > > Hope this helps. Thanks for this Adam, I've gone down the route suggested by John Kitchin in a pm, of using '#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\glstextformat}[1]{\underline{\color{red}\em #1}}' which works very well both on-screen and in a printed copy. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.1.1