* Feature request: Allow export to convert broken links to plain text
@ 2023-04-13 22:55 Janek Fischer
From: Janek Fischer @ 2023-04-13 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am looking for exactly the feature in https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-orgmode/2019-01/msg00203.html:
I have a note with many links, but would like to export that note as landing page as text stripped of links.

Has there been any progress in the last 4 years on this,
or any hint on how to get this now?

Regards
Janek

---
CTO https://forensicdiscovery.de and https://software-challenge.deSoftware Engineering Student @ https://code.berlin

* Feature request: Allow export to convert broken links to plain text
@ 2019-01-12 20:38 Ryan Thompson
From: Ryan Thompson @ 2019-01-12 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Hi all,

I have a use case where I'd like for Org Mode to remove broken links while
preserving their text when exporting. In particular, I'm exporting the same
file multiple times with different sets of headlines excluded each time,
and as a result I have to be careful of linking to headlines that might not
be present in every export. It would be much easier if such links could
simply be converted back to plain text for that export, while remaining as
a link for any exports that *do* include the target headline. None of the
existing settings do quite what I want. The "mark" option comes closest. I
basically want "mark" but without adding any additional text around the
link's text. Would the developers be willing to merge such a feature if I
wrote it? I would implement it by adding another possible value to
"org-export-with-broken-links", perhaps calling it something like "unlink"
or "strip" (suggestions for a better name welcome). Alternatively, I could
implement an option to dispatch broken link handling to an arbitrary
function.

Thanks,

Ryan Thompson

* Feature request: Allow export to convert broken links to plain text
@ 2019-01-05 20:57 Ryan Thompson
From: Ryan Thompson @ 2019-01-05 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List