(Apologies for the double post of this email; due to a misconfiguration of my mailer, I believed my first email hadn't gone through until I remembered to check the archives.) On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 12:38 PM Ryan Thompson wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a use case where I'd like for Org Mode to remove broken links > while preserving their text when exporting. In particular, I'm exporting > the same file multiple times with different sets of headlines excluded each > time, and as a result I have to be careful of linking to headlines that > might not be present in every export. It would be much easier if such links > could simply be converted back to plain text for that export, while > remaining as a link for any exports that *do* include the target headline. > None of the existing settings do quite what I want. The "mark" option comes > closest. I basically want "mark" but without adding any additional text > around the link's text. Would the developers be willing to merge such a > feature if I wrote it? I would implement it by adding another possible > value to "org-export-with-broken-links", perhaps calling it something like > "unlink" or "strip" (suggestions for a better name welcome). Alternatively, > I could implement an option to dispatch broken link handling to an > arbitrary function. > > Thanks, > > Ryan Thompson > >