* [bug] [babel] executing code block overwrites subsequent heading
@ 2010-12-03  0:10 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-12-03  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

suddenly, there seems to be a rather strange bug in the insertion of
babel code block results into the org file.  Attached are two files:
=examplebug.org= which has a simple octave code block *before* the code
block is executed and =examplebugafter.org= which is what the file looks
like after executing the code block (C-c C-c).

The =#+end_example= line is somehow placed in the middle of the
following headline!  Very strange.

I do not believe I have changed any org or babel specific configurations
in a while...

org itself is very recent (a couple of minutes ago), with version in my
signature.

Thanks,
eric

[-- Attachment #2: example before code evaluation --]
[-- Type: text/orgmode, Size: 679 bytes --]

# -*- coding: utf-8; -*-
#+TITLE:     examplebug.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga
#+EMAIL:     e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:
#+XSLT:

* babel overwriting subsequent heading

#+srcname: case1
#+begin_src octave :results output :exports results
n = 20
for i=1:n
  disp([i,i^3]);
endfor
#+end_src
* a following heading

[-- Attachment #3: example after code block evaluation --]
[-- Type: text/orgmode, Size: 1006 bytes --]

# -*- coding: utf-8; -*-
#+TITLE:     examplebug.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga
#+EMAIL:     e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:
#+XSLT:

* babel overwriting subsequent heading

#+srcname: case1
#+begin_src octave :results output :exports results
n = 20
for i=1:n
  disp([i,i^3]);
endfor
#+end_src

#+results: case1
#+begin_example
n =  20
   1   1
   2   8
    3   27
    4   64
     5   125
     6   216
     7   343
     8   512
     9   729
     10   1000
     11   1331
     12   1728
     13   2197
     14   2744
     15   3375
     16   4096
     17   4913
     18   5832
     19   6859
     20   8000

* a following h#+end_example
eading

: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.164.gcfd7)

* Re: [bug] [babel] executing code block overwrites subsequent heading
@ 2010-12-03  8:38 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-12-03  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> suddenly, there seems to be a rather strange bug in the insertion of
> babel code block results into the org file.  Attached are two files:
> =examplebug.org= which has a simple octave code block *before* the code
> block is executed and =examplebugafter.org= which is what the file looks
> like after executing the code block (C-c C-c).
>
> The =#+end_example= line is somehow placed in the middle of the
> following headline!  Very strange.
>
> I do not believe I have changed any org or babel specific configurations
> in a while...
>
> org itself is very recent (a couple of minutes ago), with version in my
> signature.

I do experience the same type of problems with #+call lines, on an Org version
of 2 days ago (or so). This problem seems very new to me, certainly a commit
from somewhere this week.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: [bug] [babel] executing code block overwrites subsequent heading
@ 2010-12-03 14:12 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-12-03 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for pointing this out.  I broke this when changing the result
insertion code recently to add support for the ":result wrap" header
argument.  It should now be fixed (see my attached version of your
example.org).  Please let me know if it persists.

Thanks -- Eric

[-- Attachment #2: example.org --]
[-- Type: text/org, Size: 265 bytes --]

#+TITLE:     examplebug.org

* babel overwriting subsequent heading

#+srcname: case1
#+begin_src sh :results output
  for i in `seq 10`;do
      echo $i
  done
#+end_src

#+results: case1
#+begin_example
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
#+end_example

* a following heading

@ 2010-12-03 15:23   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-12-03 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Eric Schulte" <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.  I broke this when changing the result
> insertion code recently to add support for the ":result wrap" header
> argument.  It should now be fixed (see my attached version of your
> example.org).  Please let me know if it persists.

Works perfectly now!  Many thanks.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.172.g40812)