* org-get-heading, but without the count/percentage cookies
@ 2018-02-14 11:41 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2018-02-14 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

Is it possible to get the text of the Org heading, but without the [n/m]
cookie (or its percentage equivalent)?  Or should I just massage the
result of org-get-heading myself?

If the latter, isn't it a bug?  (I have a use-case where this is
/really/ necessary.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski

* Re: org-get-heading, but without the count/percentage cookies
@ 2018-02-14 13:22 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-02-14 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018, 6:42 AM Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Is it possible to get the text of the Org heading, but without the [n/m]
> cookie (or its percentage equivalent)?

What exporter are you using? I understand that your question/issue isn't
specific to an exporter, but based on the exporter, this task can be very
easy.

Or should I just massage the

result of org-get-heading myself?

That seems to be the only way at the moment.

If the latter, isn't it a bug?  (I have a use-case where this is
> /really/ necessary.)

That seems to be a grey area.. some folks might actually like to retain
that todo meta data.. or could be that that meta data doesn't yet have an
associated org-element (internal parser).

> --

Kaushal Modi

* Re: org-get-heading, but without the count/percentage cookies
@ 2018-02-14 13:36 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-02-14 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is it possible to get the text of the Org heading, but without the [n/m]
> cookie (or its percentage equivalent)?

  (org-last (org-get-outline-path))

> Or should I just massage the result of org-get-heading myself?

This would be simpler than the solution above.

> If the latter, isn't it a bug?

No it isn't. Statistics cookies are but an object, like, e.g. inline
source code. `org-get-heading' is not supposed to remove any kind of
object from the title.

It would be different if statistics cookies were specific to headlines,
which is not the case actually.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-get-heading, but without the count/percentage cookies
@ 2018-02-14 19:35   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2018-02-14 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018-02-14, at 14:22, Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018, 6:42 AM Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Is it possible to get the text of the Org heading, but without the [n/m]
>> cookie (or its percentage equivalent)?
>

> What exporter are you using? I understand that your question/issue isn't
> specific to an exporter, but based on the exporter, this task can be very
> easy.

It's not connected with exporting.  I have a task (=a todo item) with
subtasks (=a plain list with checkboxes).  I have also my Org
integration with Toggl (a "cloud"-based time tracking system, used in my
company).  Today I noticed that the task descriptions uploaded to Toggl
contain the statistics cookie.

Best,

--

@ 2018-02-14 19:37   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2018-02-14 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018-02-14, at 14:36, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to get the text of the Org heading, but without the [n/m]
>> cookie (or its percentage equivalent)?
>
>   (org-last (org-get-outline-path))
>

>> Or should I just massage the result of org-get-heading myself?
>
> This would be simpler than the solution above.

I think I disagree;-).

>> If the latter, isn't it a bug?
>
> No it isn't. Statistics cookies are but an object, like, e.g. inline
> source code. `org-get-heading' is not supposed to remove any kind of
> object from the title.
>
> It would be different if statistics cookies were specific to headlines,
> which is not the case actually.

I see.  (I didn't know I can have stat cookies in e.g. plain list
items!)

Marcin Borkowski