* #+INCLUDE causes error when it attmepts to expand a LaTeX macro in source block
       [not found] <a80aef16-88f1-8e6a-d56c-526eadd2aea0.ref@verizon.net>
@ 2019-12-08  3:07 ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2019-12-08  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Greetings,

In my init file I have

(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

File "A" is attached as an org file. I evaluate the source blocks (C-c
C-v s), the table is generated and then I export it to PDF. The source
blocks do not evaluate during export.

In file B I have

#+INCLUDE: "/path/to/FileA::*SCHEDULE A1112"

When I attempt to export File B to PDF/LaTeX the following error occurs

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Undefined Org macro: cmhfill;
aborting")
   signal(error ("Undefined Org macro: cmhfill; aborting"))
   error("Undefined Org macro: %s; aborting" "cmhfill")

If I place a "#+HEADER: :eval no" in the source blocks in File A (after
generating the table) File B will export the table to PDF. Also, please
note that the cmhfill macro is in the table headings.

Is this an error, i.e. the #+INCLUDE does not honor the setting in my
init file?

Is there a header or property setting for File B to prevent the exporter
from evaluating the source blocks when executing through an #+INCLUDE,
more particularly to prevent the attempted macro expansion within the
source blocks?

Both File A and File B had identical LaTeX settings, i.e. the macro was
defined in both files.

GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.13)
of 2019-12-07

Org mode version 9.3 (release_9.3-36-gbe7434 @
/usr/local/share/org-mode/lisp/)

Charlie Millar

[-- Attachment #2: ForINCLUDE-email.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1294 bytes --]

* SCHEDULE A1112
#+NAME: SCHEDAP
#+begin_src rec :data somefile.rec :type Finance :fields AccountDate,Shares,Description,AccountAmount :sort AccountDate,Description :results silent
 (File = 'Estate' && AccountSchedule = 'A')
#+end_src
#+RESULTS: SCHEDAP
#+NAME: SCHEDA
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=SCHEDAP :exports results
  (setq table (cons 'hline table))
  (setq table (cons '("Date" "{{{cmhfill}}} Shares" " Description " "{{{cmhfill}}} Inventory{{{cm1space}}}Value") table))
  (setq table (append table '(("| |Total Schedule A"))))
  (setq table (append table '(("\n#+TBLFM: @>$>=vsum(@I$>..@>>$>);%.2f::"))))
  table
#+end_src
#+ATTR_LATEX: :mode table :environment longtable :align  p{60pt}N{5}{3}p{275pt}N{8}{2}
#+RESULTS: SCHEDA
| Date       | {{{cmhfill}}} Shares | Description      | {{{cmhfill}}} Inventory{{{cm1space}}}Value |
|------------+----------------------+------------------+--------------------------------------------|
| 2018-03-18 |                      | Something        |                                   49645.59 |
| etc        |                      | etc              |                                    4878.51 |
|            |                      | Total Schedule A |                                   54524.10 |
#+TBLFM: @>$>=vsum(@I$>..@>>$>);%.2f:: |

* Re: #+INCLUDE causes error when it attmepts to expand a LaTeX macro in source block
@ 2019-12-08  8:46   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-12-08  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> In my init file I have
>
> (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

This is totally unrelated to inclusion, see below.

> File "A" is attached as an org file. I evaluate the source blocks (C-c
> C-v s), the table is generated and then I export it to PDF. The source
> blocks do not evaluate during export.
>
> In file B I have
>
> #+INCLUDE: "/path/to/FileA::*SCHEDULE A1112"
>
> When I attempt to export File B to PDF/LaTeX the following error occurs
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Undefined Org macro: cmhfill;
> aborting")
>    signal(error ("Undefined Org macro: cmhfill; aborting"))
>    error("Undefined Org macro: %s; aborting" "cmhfill")

[...]

> Also, please note that the cmhfill macro is in the table headings.

This is the problem, IMO.

> Is this an error, i.e. the #+INCLUDE does not honor the setting in my
> init file?

Generally speaking, INCLUDE does not honor any Babel related setting
because inclusion happens before almost anything else (e.g., Babel)
during the export process.

But I don't think this is related to your issue.

> Is there a header or property setting for File B to prevent the exporter
> from evaluating the source blocks when executing through an #+INCLUDE,
> more particularly to prevent the attempted macro expansion within the
> source blocks?

Org does not expand within source blocks. It tried to expand macro in
your table header, but cannot find the macro definitions.

> Both File A and File B had identical LaTeX settings, i.e. the macro was
> defined in both files.

Where is it defined? I cannot see it.

Nicolas Goaziou