* org-adapt-indentation not honored prior to Org 9.4?
@ 2021-03-22 19:37 Mike Kupfer
From: Mike Kupfer @ 2021-03-22 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Over the weekend I upgraded my Emacs from 27.1 (Org 9.3) to 27.2-rc2
(Org 9.4).  I noticed that Org mode behaves differently, even with
"emacs -Q".

In 27.1, if I visit foo.org and type "* header RET", point is put in the
first column.  In 27.2, point is put in column 3.

AFAIK, I'm not using electric-indent-mode; at least it's not shown in
the minor mode list in the modeline.

org-adapt-indentation is t in both Emacs 27.1 and Emacs 27.2.  Was there
a bug fix that went into Org 9.4 such that org-adapt-indentation is now
honored?  Could the change in behavior be documented in the ORG-NEWS
file in Emacs?

I already asked about this on emacs-devel; Eli Z. sent me over here.

thanks,
mike