emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* links to attachments don't export anymore
@ 2013-11-12 17:18 Myles English
  2013-11-14 14:44 ` Thomas Holst
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Myles English @ 2013-11-12 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi,

This used to work, back in August but I just updated today and Something
Has Changed.

After setting this option:

(setq org-link-abbrev-alist '(("att" . org-attach-expand-link)))

It was possible to insert a link to an attachment like this:

[[att:FigureA.jpg]]

and clicking on it would show the file (still works), and it would show
up in the exported document (no longer happens).

Inspecting the output shows that the link is wrong:

/home/myles/myorg/FigureA.jpg

When it should be:

/home/myles/myorg/data/ad/c7f168-33bb-4e38-83fa-6aea6708563b/FigureA.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to get the link exported correctly?  (And why has
the indenting of this email gone weird?)

Thanks,

Myles

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-12 17:18 links to attachments don't export anymore Myles English
@ 2013-11-14 14:44 ` Thomas Holst
  2013-11-15 16:54   ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Holst @ 2013-11-14 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Myles English; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hi,

· Myles English <mylesenglish@gmail.com> wrote:

[ ... snip ... ]
> It was possible to insert a link to an attachment like this:
>
> [[att:FigureA.jpg]]
>
> and clicking on it would show the file (still works), and it would show
> up in the exported document (no longer happens).
[ ... snip ... ]

since I like this feature I'd like to give this thread a bump. With git
bisecting I found that commit:

026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6 is the first bad commit
commit 026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6
Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Aug 30 13:29:51 2013 +0200

    org-element: Fix parsing error in `org-element-context'
    
    * lisp/org-element.el (org-element-text-markup-successor,
      org-element-latex-or-entity-successor,
      org-element-export-snippet-successor,
      org-element-footnote-reference-successor,
      org-element-inline-babel-call-successor,
      org-element-inline-src-block-successor,
      org-element-line-break-successor, org-element-link-successor,
      org-element-plain-link-successor, org-element-macro-successor,
      org-element-radio-target-successor,
      org-element-statistics-cookie-successor,
      org-element-sub/superscript-successor,
      org-element-table-cell-successor, org-element-target-successor,
      org-element-timestamp-successor): Remove LIMIT argument.
    (org-element--parse-objects, org-element--get-next-object-candidates):
    Apply signature change to successors.
    (org-element-context): Narrow buffer around object containers so
    parsing of objects when using this function is done under the same
    restrictions as in buffer parsing.
    * testing/lisp/test-org-element.el: Add test.


introduced the bug. Now my elisp knowledge is too weak to debug this
further, but hopefully this helps to trace down the root cause.

Thanks a lot for org. I really don't know how to survive without it :-)

-- 
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-14 14:44 ` Thomas Holst
@ 2013-11-15 16:54   ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2013-11-15 17:35     ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-11-15 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Holst; +Cc: Myles English, Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:

> · Myles English <mylesenglish@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [ ... snip ... ]
>> It was possible to insert a link to an attachment like this:
>>
>> [[att:FigureA.jpg]]
>>
>> and clicking on it would show the file (still works), and it would show
>> up in the exported document (no longer happens).
> [ ... snip ... ]
>
> since I like this feature I'd like to give this thread a bump. With git
> bisecting I found that commit:
>
> 026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6 is the first bad commit
> commit 026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6
> Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
> Date:   Fri Aug 30 13:29:51 2013 +0200

Since I have been proven guilty, let me add it to my TODO list.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-15 16:54   ` Nicolas Goaziou
@ 2013-11-15 17:35     ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2013-11-18 19:57       ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-11-15 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Holst; +Cc: Myles English, Emacs-orgmode, Carsten Domink

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:
>
>> · Myles English <mylesenglish@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [ ... snip ... ]
>>> It was possible to insert a link to an attachment like this:
>>>
>>> [[att:FigureA.jpg]]
>>>
>>> and clicking on it would show the file (still works), and it would show
>>> up in the exported document (no longer happens).
>> [ ... snip ... ]
>>
>> since I like this feature I'd like to give this thread a bump. With git
>> bisecting I found that commit:
>>
>> 026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6 is the first bad commit
>> commit 026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6
>> Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
>> Date:   Fri Aug 30 13:29:51 2013 +0200
>
> Since I have been proven guilty, let me add it to my TODO list.

Actually, this could solved by widening the buffer before expanding the
link in `org-element-link-parser'.

Though, I'm surprised that neither `org-id-get', `org-entry-get' nor, at
the most basic level, `org-entry-properties' remove narrowing before
computing their return value.

Is there any reason for this? AFAICT, it would be better to wrap them
with a `org-with-wide-buffer' macro.

Cc'ing Carsten before patching blindly.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-15 17:35     ` Nicolas Goaziou
@ 2013-11-18 19:57       ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2013-11-19  7:15         ` Thomas Holst
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-11-18 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Holst; +Cc: Myles English, Emacs-orgmode, Carsten Domink

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Actually, this could solved by widening the buffer before expanding the
> link in `org-element-link-parser'.
>
> Though, I'm surprised that neither `org-id-get', `org-entry-get' nor, at
> the most basic level, `org-entry-properties' remove narrowing before
> computing their return value.
>
> Is there any reason for this? AFAICT, it would be better to wrap them
> with a `org-with-wide-buffer' macro.

Done for `org-entry-properties'. The regression should be fixed now.

Thank you for the report.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-18 19:57       ` Nicolas Goaziou
@ 2013-11-19  7:15         ` Thomas Holst
  2013-11-19 14:21           ` Myles English
  2013-11-22 10:35           ` Thomas Holst
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Holst @ 2013-11-19  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou
  Cc: Holst Thomas (DGS-EC/ESE4), Myles English, Emacs-orgmode, Carsten Domink

Hi,

· Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Actually, this could solved by widening the buffer before expanding the
>> link in `org-element-link-parser'.
>>
>> Though, I'm surprised that neither `org-id-get', `org-entry-get' nor, at
>> the most basic level, `org-entry-properties' remove narrowing before
>> computing their return value.
>>
>> Is there any reason for this? AFAICT, it would be better to wrap them
>> with a `org-with-wide-buffer' macro.
>
> Done for `org-entry-properties'. The regression should be fixed now.
>
> Thank you for the report.

Thanks for fixing it! I don't have time to test it today. But I will do
so tomorrow. I will report.

-- 
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-19  7:15         ` Thomas Holst
@ 2013-11-19 14:21           ` Myles English
  2013-11-22 10:35           ` Thomas Holst
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Myles English @ 2013-11-19 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Holst; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou, Carsten Domink


Nicolas,

> · Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>> Done for `org-entry-properties'. The regression should be fixed now.
>>
>> Thank you for the report.

Thanks very much, I'll test it soon.

Myles

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-19  7:15         ` Thomas Holst
  2013-11-19 14:21           ` Myles English
@ 2013-11-22 10:35           ` Thomas Holst
  2013-11-22 11:46             ` Nicolas Goaziou
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Holst @ 2013-11-22 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Myles English, Emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

· Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> · Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Actually, this could solved by widening the buffer before expanding the
>>> link in `org-element-link-parser'.
>>>
>>> Though, I'm surprised that neither `org-id-get', `org-entry-get' nor, at
>>> the most basic level, `org-entry-properties' remove narrowing before
>>> computing their return value.
>>>
>>> Is there any reason for this? AFAICT, it would be better to wrap them
>>> with a `org-with-wide-buffer' macro.
>>
>> Done for `org-entry-properties'. The regression should be fixed now.
>>
>> Thank you for the report.
>
> Thanks for fixing it! I don't have time to test it today. But I will do
> so tomorrow. I will report.

sorry for the late answer. I could only test it today.

For me the problem still persists.

Here is my way to produce it.

- start emacs (Win7)
  
  : start C:\Programme\gnu\emacs-24.3\bin\emacs.exe -Q --eval "(load-file \"testing.el\")"

- testing.el

  #+begin_src emacs_lisp
    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/org-mode/lisp")
    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/site-lisp")
    ;; pfad zu contib/lisp
    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/org-mode/contrib/lisp")
    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/org-mode/contrib/babel/lisp")

    (require 'org-install)
    (require 'ox)
    (require 'ox-latex)
    (require 'org-attach)

    (setq org-link-abbrev-alist '(("att" . org-attach-expand-link)))

    (find-file "testing.org")
  #+end_src

- testing.org

  #+begin_src org
    #+OPTIONS:   H:3 num:t toc:nil \n:nil @:t ::t |:t ^:{} -:t f:t *:t <:t
    #+OPTIONS:   TeX:dvipng LaTeX:t skip:nil d:t todo:t pri:nil tags:nil

    * Attachment                                                                           :ATTACH:
      :PROPERTIES:
      :Attachments: overview.png
      :ID:       1eb9cb02-4011-4720-932b-2934e99827d0
      :END:

      With org-version:
      
      #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
        (org-version nil t)
      #+END_SRC

      #+RESULTS:
      : Org-mode version 8.0.7 (release_8.0.7 @ path-to/org-mode/lisp/)

      an attachment link

      #+BEGIN_VERBATIM
        att:overview.png
      #+END_VERBATIM

      gets exported as:

      [[att:overview.png]]
  #+end_src

The link gets exportet as:

Org-mode version 8.0.7 (release_8.0.7 @ path-to/org-mode/lisp/)

[file:c:/temp/att-links/data/1e/b9cb02-4011-4720-932b-2934e99827d0/overview.png]


Org-mode version 8.2.3c (release_8.2.3c-251-gbb97f5 @ path-to/git/org-mode/lisp/)

[file:c:/temp/att-links/overview.png]

So obviously the sub path to the attachment is missing in the link

Thanks for looking into this.
-- 
Bis neulich ...
 Thomas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-22 10:35           ` Thomas Holst
@ 2013-11-22 11:46             ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2013-11-25  9:05               ` Thomas Holst
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 10+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-11-22 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Holst; +Cc: Myles English, Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:

> For me the problem still persists.

Thank you for the report.

I pushed another fix. Please let me know if it doesn't do its job.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

* Re: links to attachments don't export anymore
  2013-11-22 11:46             ` Nicolas Goaziou
@ 2013-11-25  9:05               ` Thomas Holst
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 10+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Holst @ 2013-11-25  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Myles English, Emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

· Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:

>> For me the problem still persists.

> Thank you for the report.

> I pushed another fix. Please let me know if it doesn't do its job.

Works like a charm again. Thanks for fix.

-- 
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 10+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-11-25  9:06 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 10+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-11-12 17:18 links to attachments don't export anymore Myles English
2013-11-14 14:44 ` Thomas Holst
2013-11-15 16:54   ` Nicolas Goaziou
2013-11-15 17:35     ` Nicolas Goaziou
2013-11-18 19:57       ` Nicolas Goaziou
2013-11-19  7:15         ` Thomas Holst
2013-11-19 14:21           ` Myles English
2013-11-22 10:35           ` Thomas Holst
2013-11-22 11:46             ` Nicolas Goaziou
2013-11-25  9:05               ` Thomas Holst

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).