* [babel] Enabling language mode for plantuml?
@ 2010-12-02 10:10 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-12-02 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: [babel] Enabling language mode for plantuml?
@ 2010-12-02 19:42 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-12-02 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Try something like the following

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("plantuml" . fundamental))
#+end_src

Perhaps the above code should be part of the ob-plantuml.el file.

Best -- Eric

@ 2010-12-03  9:13   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-12-03  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/02/2010 08:42 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Hi Rainer,

Hi Eric,

> Try something like the following

works nicely - thanks.

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes '("plantuml" . fundamental))
> #+end_src
>
> Perhaps the above code should be part of the ob-plantuml.el file.

Yes. That would be useful.
Is there an easy way of bringing some syntax highlighting and comments
character into the C' buffer?

Rainer

> Best -- Eric
>
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to be able to edit code blocks of plantuml via C-', but I
>> get the message
>> No such language mode: plantuml-mode
>>
>> Is there an easy way of defining this new language mode, so that I can
>> edit it via C-'?
>> I don't need syntax highlighting at the moment, although ' as the
>> comment character would be nice.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rainer

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Tel:        +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +27 - (0)8 39 47 90 42
Fax (SA):   +27 - (0)8 65 16 27 82
Fax (D) :   +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44
Fax (FR):   +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44
email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: [babel] Enabling language mode for plantuml?
@ 2010-12-03 11:31 ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2010-12-03 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I would like to be able to edit code blocks of plantuml via C-', but I
> get the message
> No such language mode: plantuml-mode
>
> Is there an easy way of defining this new language mode, so that I can
> edit it via C-'?
> I don't need syntax highlighting at the moment, although ' as the
> comment character would be nice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rainer
Hi, Rainer

I wrote a plantuml-mode, which is now not perfect but usable.
It is available on:
http://zhangweize.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/update-plantuml-mode/

Just copy the code and save it as "plantuml-mode.el" in a path where
emacs finds its libraries.

Best regards,
zwz

* Re: Re: [babel] Enabling language mode for plantuml?
@ 2010-12-03 12:09   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-12-03 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi zwz

That looks great. Do you have a repository, where I could check for updates?

Rainer

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM, zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to be able to edit code blocks of plantuml via C-', but I
> > get the message
> > No such language mode: plantuml-mode
> >
> > Is there an easy way of defining this new language mode, so that I can
> > edit it via C-'?
> > I don't need syntax highlighting at the moment, although ' as the
> > comment character would be nice.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rainer
> Hi, Rainer
>
> I wrote a plantuml-mode, which is now not perfect but usable.
> It is available on:
> http://zhangweize.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/update-plantuml-mode/
>
> Just copy the code and save it as "plantuml-mode.el" in a path where
> emacs finds its libraries.
>
> Best regards,
> zwz

NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Cell:           +27 - (0)83 9479 042
Fax:            +27 - (0)86 516 2782
Fax:            +49 - (0)321 2125 2244
email:          Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:          RMkrug
Google:         R.M.Krug@gmail.com

* Re: Re: [babel] Enabling language mode for plantuml?
@ 2010-12-03 15:08   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-12-03 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/03/2010 12:31 PM, zwz wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to be able to edit code blocks of plantuml via C-', but I
>> get the message
>> No such language mode: plantuml-mode
>>
>> Is there an easy way of defining this new language mode, so that I can
>> edit it via C-'?
>> I don't need syntax highlighting at the moment, although ' as the
>> comment character would be nice.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rainer
> Hi, Rainer
>
> I wrote a plantuml-mode, which is now not perfect but usable.
> It is available on:
> http://zhangweize.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/update-plantuml-mode/
>
> Just copy the code and save it as "plantuml-mode.el" in a path where
> emacs finds its libraries.

Just a quick question: whenever I add the line

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (load-file "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/plantuml-mode.el")
#+end_src

to load the plantuml-mode into my emacs.org file, the message window
opens when starting emacs --- when I comment it out, it doesn't.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Rainer

> Best regards,
> zwz

- --

@ 2010-12-05  7:20     ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2010-12-05  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> On 12/03/2010 12:31 PM, zwz wrote:
>> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I would like to be able to edit code blocks of plantuml via C-', but
>>> get the message
>>> No such language mode: plantuml-mode
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way of defining this new language mode, so that I
> can
>>> edit it via C-'?
>>> I don't need syntax highlighting at the moment, although ' as the
>>> comment character would be nice.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Rainer
>> Hi, Rainer
>>
>> I wrote a plantuml-mode, which is now not perfect but usable.
>> It is available on:
>> http://zhangweize.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/update-plantuml-mode/
>>
>> Just copy the code and save it as "plantuml-mode.el" in a path where
>> emacs finds its libraries.
>
> Just a quick question: whenever I add the line
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (load-file "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/plantuml-mode.el")
> #+end_src
>
> to load the plantuml-mode into my emacs.org file, the message window
> opens when starting emacs --- when I comment it out, it doesn't.
>
> Am I doing something wrong here?
>
> Rainer

try (require 'plantuml-mode)

btw, you should have the latest plantuml.jar

* Re: [babel] Enabling language mode for plantuml?
@ 2010-12-05  7:28     ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2010-12-05  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

No, but I am considering to make a repository on github for all my
emacs-stuff. I will inform you when it is done :)

@ 2010-12-05 14:47     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-12-05 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, zwz

Hi Rainer,

The preferred method of adding support for a language is shown here
http://orgmode.org/manual/Languages.html