emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Test failure
@ 2014-07-22 21:32 Nick Dokos
  2014-07-22 21:50 ` Rasmus
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-07-22 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou


I just pulled (HEAD is 02f2d5b42aabe9e272a5967ad0483b38750a8392)
and got this test failure:

,----
| Test test-org-element/latex-environment-parser backtrace:
|   (if (not (unwind-protect (setq value-102202 (apply fn-102200 args-10
|   (let (form-description-102204) (if (not (unwind-protect (setq value-
|   (let ((value-102202 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-102203))) (le
|   (let ((fn-102200 (function eq)) (args-102201 (list (quote latex-envi
|   (lambda nil (let ((value-102183 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluation-abor
|   #[0 "\306\307!r\211q\210\310\311\312\313\314\315!\316\"\317\320%DC
|   funcall(#[0 "\306\307!r\211q\210\310\311\312\313\314\315!\316\"\31
|   ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
|   #[0 "r\304 q\210\305 )\306\307\310\311\312\313!\314\"\315\316%DC\2
|   funcall(#[0 "r\304 q\210\305 )\306\307\310\311\312\313!\314\"\315\
|   ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test test-org-element/latex-environment-
|   ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats "\\(org\\|ob\\)" [[cl-st
|   ert-run-tests("\\(org\\|ob\\)" #[385 "\306\307\"\203D\211\211G\310
|   ert-run-tests-batch("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
|   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
|   (let ((org-id-track-globally t) (org-test-selector (if org-test-sele
|   org-test-run-batch-tests("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
|   eval((org-test-run-batch-tests org-test-select-re))
|   command-line-1(("--eval" "(setq vc-handled-backends nil org-startup-
|   command-line()
|   normal-top-level()
| Test test-org-element/latex-environment-parser condition:
|     (ert-test-failed
|      ((should-not
|        (eq 'latex-environment
| 	    (org-test-with-temp-text "\\begin{env}{arg} something\nvalue\n\\end{env}" ...)))
|       :form
|       (eq latex-environment latex-environment)
|       :value t))
|    FAILED  282/523  test-org-element/latex-environment-parser
`----

Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Test failure
  2014-07-22 21:32 Test failure Nick Dokos
@ 2014-07-22 21:50 ` Rasmus
  2014-07-22 22:02   ` Nick Dokos
  2014-07-23  8:10   ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Rasmus @ 2014-07-22 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> I just pulled (HEAD is 02f2d5b42aabe9e272a5967ad0483b38750a8392)
> and got this test failure:
>
> ,----
> | Test test-org-element/latex-environment-parser backtrace:
> |   (if (not (unwind-protect (setq value-102202 (apply fn-102200 args-10
> |   (let (form-description-102204) (if (not (unwind-protect (setq value-
> |   (let ((value-102202 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-102203))) (le
> |   (let ((fn-102200 (function eq)) (args-102201 (list (quote latex-envi
> |   (lambda nil (let ((value-102183 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluation-abor
> |   #[0 "\306\307!r\211q\210\310\311\312\313\314\315!\316\"\317\320%DC
> |   funcall(#[0 "\306\307!r\211q\210\310\311\312\313\314\315!\316\"\31
> |   ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
> |   #[0 "r\304 q\210\305 )\306\307\310\311\312\313!\314\"\315\316%DC\2
> |   funcall(#[0 "r\304 q\210\305 )\306\307\310\311\312\313!\314\"\315\
> |   ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test test-org-element/latex-environment-
> |   ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats "\\(org\\|ob\\)" [[cl-st
> |   ert-run-tests("\\(org\\|ob\\)" #[385 "\306\307\"\203D\211\211G\310
> |   ert-run-tests-batch("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
> |   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
> |   (let ((org-id-track-globally t) (org-test-selector (if org-test-sele
> |   org-test-run-batch-tests("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
> |   eval((org-test-run-batch-tests org-test-select-re))
> |   command-line-1(("--eval" "(setq vc-handled-backends nil org-startup-
> |   command-line()
> |   normal-top-level()
> | Test test-org-element/latex-environment-parser condition:
> |     (ert-test-failed
> |      ((should-not
> |        (eq 'latex-environment
> | 	    (org-test-with-temp-text "\\begin{env}{arg} something\nvalue\n\\end{env}" ...)))
> |       :form
> |       (eq latex-environment latex-environment)
> |       :value t))
> |    FAILED  282/523  test-org-element/latex-environment-parser
> `----

Nicolas removed the "$" at the end of the regexps identifying LaTeX
environments here:

    http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ec0e3cf70ba353ea59a5e662353333462f659c99

There a current thread discussion of this behavior on this list called
something like:

    [bug?, org-element] latex-environment delimiters...

I think tests are corrected in the patch in that thread. 

—Rasmus

-- 
Hooray!

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Test failure
  2014-07-22 21:50 ` Rasmus
@ 2014-07-22 22:02   ` Nick Dokos
  2014-07-23  8:10   ` Nicolas Goaziou
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-07-22 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

>
> Nicolas removed the "$" at the end of the regexps identifying LaTeX
> environments here:
>
>     http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ec0e3cf70ba353ea59a5e662353333462f659c99
>
> There a current thread discussion of this behavior on this list called
> something like:
>
>     [bug?, org-element] latex-environment delimiters...
>
> I think tests are corrected in the patch in that thread. 
>

Good to know - thanks!

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Test failure
  2014-07-22 21:50 ` Rasmus
  2014-07-22 22:02   ` Nick Dokos
@ 2014-07-23  8:10   ` Nicolas Goaziou
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-07-23  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I just pulled (HEAD is 02f2d5b42aabe9e272a5967ad0483b38750a8392)
>> and got this test failure:

[...]

> Nicolas removed the "$" at the end of the regexps identifying LaTeX
> environments here:
>
>     http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=ec0e3cf70ba353ea59a5e662353333462f659c99

Actually that was a mistake for maint. This should now be fixed.


Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Test failure
  2018-02-15 14:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
@ 2018-02-15 16:47   ` Nick Dokos
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2018-02-15 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> It looks like I created absolute symlinks instead of relative ones.
>
> Could you confirm it is now fixed?
>

It is fixed:

Ran 790 tests, 790 results as expected (2018-02-15 11:45:03-0500)
9 expected failures


Thanks!
-- 
Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Test failure
  2018-02-14 19:19 Nick Dokos
@ 2018-02-15 14:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2018-02-15 16:47   ` Nick Dokos
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-02-15 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Org mode version 9.1.6 (release_9.1.6-474-g58da7d @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
>
> I updated to the above and got two test failures:
>
> ,----
> | 2 unexpected results:
> |    FAILED  test-org-publish/base-extension
> |    FAILED  test-org-publish/get-project-from-filename
> `----
>
> Details on the first one:
>
> ,----
> | Test test-org-publish/base-extension condition:
> |     (file-missing "Opening input file" "No such file or directory" "/home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/testing/examples/pub/link")
> `----
>
> Presumably, that's because that path name is a symlink that does not resolve on my system:
>
> ,----
> |   /home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/testing/examples/pub:
> |   total used in directory 20 available 8850228
> |   drwxrwxr-x. 3 nick nick   90 Feb 14 13:59 .
> |   drwxrwxr-x. 7 nick nick 4096 Feb 14 13:59 ..
> |   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick  111 Oct 31 16:42 a.org
> |   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick  104 Nov 15 16:00 b.org
> |   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick    5 Oct 27 09:14 file.txt
> |   lrwxrwxrwx. 1 nick nick   51 Feb 14 13:57 link -> /home/ngz/dev/org-mode/testing/examples/pub-symlink
> |   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick   12 Oct 27 09:14 noextension
> |   drwxrwxr-x. 2 nick nick   19 Feb 14 13:59 sub
> `----
>
>
> The second one fails because of this as well: it's looking for
> .../examples/pub/link/link.org.

It looks like I created absolute symlinks instead of relative ones.

Could you confirm it is now fixed?

Thank you.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Test failure
@ 2018-02-14 19:19 Nick Dokos
  2018-02-15 14:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2018-02-14 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org mode version 9.1.6 (release_9.1.6-474-g58da7d @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

I updated to the above and got two test failures:

,----
| 2 unexpected results:
|    FAILED  test-org-publish/base-extension
|    FAILED  test-org-publish/get-project-from-filename
`----

Details on the first one:

,----
| Test test-org-publish/base-extension condition:
|     (file-missing "Opening input file" "No such file or directory" "/home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/testing/examples/pub/link")
`----

Presumably, that's because that path name is a symlink that does not resolve on my system:

,----
|   /home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/testing/examples/pub:
|   total used in directory 20 available 8850228
|   drwxrwxr-x. 3 nick nick   90 Feb 14 13:59 .
|   drwxrwxr-x. 7 nick nick 4096 Feb 14 13:59 ..
|   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick  111 Oct 31 16:42 a.org
|   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick  104 Nov 15 16:00 b.org
|   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick    5 Oct 27 09:14 file.txt
|   lrwxrwxrwx. 1 nick nick   51 Feb 14 13:57 link -> /home/ngz/dev/org-mode/testing/examples/pub-symlink
|   -rw-rw-r--. 1 nick nick   12 Oct 27 09:14 noextension
|   drwxrwxr-x. 2 nick nick   19 Feb 14 13:59 sub
`----


The second one fails because of this as well: it's looking for .../examples/pub/link/link.org.

-- 
Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: test failure
  2012-12-15  6:37 test failure Nick Dokos
@ 2012-12-15  8:18 ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-15  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> ``make test'' fails on just-updated org:
>
> Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-725-ge55681 @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
>
> with the following backtrace:
>
> ,----
> | Test test-org-src/blank-line-block backtrace:

Fixed, thanks.

> I thought Michael Brand's problem described in
>
>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/63523
>
> might have something to do with it, but wrapping a progn around the
> forms of the test did not make any difference.
>
> When I simulate the test by hand, I don't get the error, so this seems
> to be another of those errors that only surface when the test suite is
> run in batch mode.

Indeed.  Actually, the test passed okay when trying to edit from line
2 (#+begin_src) so I changed that, since we really want to test whether
those source blocks can be edited at all.

> BTW, why in the above is the following a prog1, rather than a progn?
>
>    (prog1 (goto-line 3) (org-edit-special) (insert "blah") (org-edit-sr

No reason, this is an error.

(prog1 ,@body (kill-buffer)) in org-test-with-temp-text-in-file had two
problems: 

  (1) (prog1 ,@body ...) is unpredictible
  (2) (kill-buffer) within (with-temp-buffer ...) does not make sense.

I fixed this.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* test failure
@ 2012-12-15  6:37 Nick Dokos
  2012-12-15  8:18 ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-12-15  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: nicholas.dokos

``make test'' fails on just-updated org:

Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-725-ge55681 @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

with the following backtrace:

,----
| Test test-org-src/blank-line-block backtrace:
|   signal(user-error ("No special environment to edit here"))
|   user-error("No special environment to edit here")
|   org-edit-special()
|   (prog1 (goto-line 3) (org-edit-special) (insert "blah") (org-edit-sr
|   (progn (org-mode) (progn (insert "\n#+begin_src emacs-lisp\n\n#+end_
|   (unwind-protect (progn (org-mode) (progn (insert "\n#+begin_src emac
|   (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
|   (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*"))) (save-current-b
|   (lambda nil (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*"))) (sa
|   byte-code("\306\307!\x18q\210\310\216\311 \x19\312\216\313\314\315\316\3
|   ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
|   byte-code("\306\307!\211\x18\211\x19r\310\311!q\210\312 d\313\223)L\210)\3
|   ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test test-org-src/blank-line-block "Edit
|   ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats "\\(org\\|ob\\)" [[cl-st
|   ert-run-tests("\\(org\\|ob\\)" #[(event-type &rest event-args) "\306
|   ert-run-tests-batch("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
|   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
|   (let ((org-id-track-globally t) (org-id-locations-file (convert-stan
|   org-test-run-batch-tests()
|   call-interactively(org-test-run-batch-tests nil nil)
|   command-execute(org-test-run-batch-tests)
|   command-line-1(("--eval" "(add-to-list 'load-path \"./lisp\")" "--ev
|   command-line()
|   normal-top-level()
| Test test-org-src/blank-line-block condition:
|     (user-error "No special environment to edit here")
|    FAILED  299/333  test-org-src/blank-line-block
`----

I thought Michael Brand's problem described in

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/63523

might have something to do with it, but wrapping a progn around the
forms of the test did not make any difference.

When I simulate the test by hand, I don't get the error, so this seems
to be another of those errors that only surface when the test suite is
run in batch mode.

BTW, why in the above is the following a prog1, rather than a progn?

   (prog1 (goto-line 3) (org-edit-special) (insert "blah") (org-edit-sr

Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2018-02-15 16:48 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 9+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2014-07-22 21:32 Test failure Nick Dokos
2014-07-22 21:50 ` Rasmus
2014-07-22 22:02   ` Nick Dokos
2014-07-23  8:10   ` Nicolas Goaziou
  -- strict thread matches above, loose matches on Subject: below --
2018-02-14 19:19 Nick Dokos
2018-02-15 14:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
2018-02-15 16:47   ` Nick Dokos
2012-12-15  6:37 test failure Nick Dokos
2012-12-15  8:18 ` Bastien

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).