* caldav-sync owncloud on Digital Ocean servers and self signed certificates.
@ 2016-06-07 10:44 Paul Harper
From: Paul Harper @ 2016-06-07 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am trying to get org-caldav to work with my Owncloud which is running on
a Digital Ocean server.

I am getting the message

org-caldav-check-connection:[server address/path_to_calendar]does not
seem to accept DAV requests

I suspect the issue is related to the self signed certificates on the
Digital Ocean server.

Which my Android devices or with Firefox I can install the self signed
certificates and the Owncloud Calender syncs fine. I am not seeing a
way to do that with Emacs Org-Mode.

Is there a way to deal with self-signed certificates in Emacs Org with
org-caldav and Owncloud?

Paul

about.me/pauljamesharper

GnuPG Fingerprint: B3C2 6A80 BB3E 8D4D 126E  4FBE 5F62 4195 17D3 CB75

“Wisdom consists in being able to distinguish among dangers and make a
choice of the least harmful.” — Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

“The user’s going to pick dancing pigs over security every time.” — Bruce
Schneier

* Re: caldav-sync owncloud on Digital Ocean servers and self signed certificates.
@ 2016-06-07 15:09 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-06-07 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Paul Harper <harper.paul.j@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to get org-caldav to work with my Owncloud which is running on
> a Digital Ocean server.
>
> I am getting the message
>
> org-caldav-check-connection:[server address/path_to_calendar]does not
> seem to accept DAV requests
>
> I suspect the issue is related to the self signed certificates on the
> Digital Ocean server.
>
> Which my Android devices or with Firefox I can install the self signed
> certificates and the Owncloud Calender syncs fine. I am not seeing a
> way to do that with Emacs Org-Mode.
>
> Is there a way to deal with self-signed certificates in Emacs Org with
> org-caldav and Owncloud?

In case it's useful, here's the variables I use in my init.el.

(setq org-caldav-url "https://server.net/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/rasmus"
      org-caldav-calendar-id "defaultcalendar")

I use a proper certificate though.  You could use letsencrypt if you think
that’s the issue...

Rasmus

--
Er du tosset for noge' lårt!