* Controlling new line characters during tangle
@ 2017-06-21  9:19 Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2017-06-21  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi all,

I'm using emacs also under Windows, and would need to tangle
scripts/config files to be used under Unix. Is there any header argument
to enforce the desired new line characters in the tangled files?

Thanks,

Giacomo

* Re: Controlling new line characters during tangle
@ 2017-06-21 11:02 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-06-21 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giacomo M, emacs-org list

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017, 5:21 AM Giacomo M <jackjackk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using emacs also under Windows, and would need to tangle
> scripts/config files to be used under Unix.

Is there any header argument
> to enforce the desired new line characters in the tangled files?

At which point would you like to enforce the new line characters?

Can you post a MWE and explain what that it tangles to vs what you'd
actually like to see in the tangled file?

> --

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Controlling new line characters during tangle
@ 2017-06-21 11:22   ` Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2017-06-21 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

Dear Kashual,

1. I visit a (Unix EOL[1]) org file on Windows.
2. I write a shell script in a shell source block to be tangled.
3. I tangle it.
4. As a result, I get a (Windows EOL) shell script, while I would like a
Unix EOL shell script.

Thanks,

Giacomo

[1] End Of Line convention

@ 2017-06-22  9:40   ` Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2017-06-22  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi, emacs-org list

* Re: Controlling new line characters during tangle
@ 2017-07-01 12:35     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-07-01 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giacomo M; +Cc: emacs-org list, Kaushal Modi

Hello,

Giacomo M <jackjackk@gmail.com> writes:

> Ok, rudimentary elisp knowledge seems to help here:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (defun jack/dos2unix-post-tangle-hook ()
> (set-buffer-file-coding-system 'unix 't)
> (save-buffer)
> )
> (add-hook 'org-babel-post-tangle-hook 'jack/dos2unix-post-tangle-hook)
> #+END_SRC

Thank you for sharing.

Would it make sense to provide a :tangle-coding-system attribute? Would
you want to implement it?

Nicolas Goaziou