* Flyspell, org-mode, and urls
@ 2009-05-28 21:40 Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-05-28 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

If I might cheat a bit and ask a question that part org-mode, part
another mode....

I have recently begun to use flyspell with org-mode. Everything works
fine, but a minor problem arises when I type a url --- flyspell parses
each element as a normal word, thus resulting in a multi-colored link. I
couldn't find any way of customizing flyspell to exclude certain
regexps.

I noticed that muse mode has a function that prevents urls from being
improperly "colorized."

,----[muse-mode.el:306-315]
| (defun muse-mode-flyspell-p ()
|   "Return non-nil if we should allow spell-checking to occur at point.
| Otherwise return nil.
|
| This is used to keep links from being improperly colorized by flyspell."
|   (let ((pos (if (bobp) (point) (1- (point)))))
|     (and (not (get-text-property pos 'muse-no-flyspell))
|          (not (get-text-property pos 'muse-link))
|          (save-match-data
|            (null (muse-link-at-point))))))
`----

Would someone happen to know how to accomplish something similar in
org-mode?

Thanks in advance!
- Matt