* Bug? Agenda problems after update
@ 2013-03-02 16:52 Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2013-03-02 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've updated to recent master to fix a problem the new exporter fixes in
master. I didn't update for a few months, so it's not easy to tell when
things broke. I already looked for solutions, but could not find any for
the below. Please help me track these down.

I observe four problems I don't think I had before. Two can be seen in
the messages from an agenda run:

Press key for agenda command (unrestricted):
Update Org Contacts Database
Bad sexp at line 350 in /home/simon/org/privat.org:
(org-contacts-anniversaries "BIRTHDAY" "%y. Geburtstag %l") [7 times]
Invalid face reference: nil [619 times]

1: Altough org-contacts is invoked, birthdays fail. I tried both sexp
syntaxes (%%() and <%%()>).

2: Hovering the mouse over the agenda produces these nil face warnings.
I have no idea how to diagnose this, but it does not hurt much it seems.
On every mouse motion event that hovers over agenda lines below today
(except for the first line below today's date line, misteriously, and
only if a certain line with a past-due deadline with [#C] priority
cookie is visible), one such warning is produced.

3: The agenda dropped back to 10 sec and more. I used to have agenda
generation times of 2-3 sec after I switched to SSDs. I hope this is the
issue from the "org-agenda-write taking very long" thread currently
going on.

4: When jumping to a file from the agenda, it is completely visible,
including ARCHIVE tags (which otherwise work as expected). Just opening
them is fine; it only affects the case the agenda file was not loaded
before. Thus it seems to be a bug.

Thanks in advance,

Simon