* Bugs x2: fast tag selection broken, column view broken?
@ 2013-03-28 18:35 Toby Cubitt
From: Toby Cubitt @ 2013-03-28 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm experiencing two unrelated new bugs in the latest git:

1. In agenda view, the list of fast-tag-selection keys in the
   `org-agenda-filter-by-tag' prompt is always empty, and fast tag
   selection no longer works. (I have fast-tag-selection keys configured
   in `org-tag-alist', and my `org-use-fast-tag-selection' is set to
   `auto'.)

2. Column view mode is completely broken for me. In old org files where
   column view used to work fine, I now just get grey boxes obscuring the
   headings, and nothing in the columns. I've attached a minimal example
   file, and a screenshot.

Toby
--
Dr T. S. Cubitt
Royal Society University Research Fellow

email: tsc25@cantab.net
web:   www.dr-qubit.org

[-- Attachment #2: column-view.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 428 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: column-view.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 17943 bytes --]

* Re: Bugs x2: fast tag selection broken, column view broken?
@ 2013-03-28 21:29 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-28 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toby Cubitt; +Cc: Toby Cubitt, emacs-orgmode

Hi Toby,

Toby Cubitt <tsc25@cantab.net> writes:

> I'm experiencing two unrelated new bugs in the latest git:
>
> 1. In agenda view, the list of fast-tag-selection keys in the
>    `org-agenda-filter-by-tag' prompt is always empty, and fast tag
>    selection no longer works. (I have fast-tag-selection keys configured
>    in `org-tag-alist', and my `org-use-fast-tag-selection' is set to
>    `auto'.)

I fixed this.

> 2. Column view mode is completely broken for me. In old org files where
>    column view used to work fine, I now just get grey boxes obscuring the
>    headings, and nothing in the columns. I've attached a minimal example
>    file, and a screenshot.

I can't reproduce this one.  Can you reproduce it with emacs -Q?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bugs x2: fast tag selection broken, column view broken?
@ 2013-03-29  0:10   ` Toby Cubitt
From: Toby Cubitt @ 2013-03-29  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:29:06PM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Toby,
>
> Toby Cubitt <tsc25@cantab.net> writes:
>
> > I'm experiencing two unrelated new bugs in the latest git:
> >
> > 1. In agenda view, the list of fast-tag-selection keys in the
> >    `org-agenda-filter-by-tag' prompt is always empty, and fast tag
> >    selection no longer works. (I have fast-tag-selection keys configured
> >    in `org-tag-alist', and my `org-use-fast-tag-selection' is set to
> >    `auto'.)
>
> I fixed this.

Thanks!

> > 2. Column view mode is completely broken for me. In old org files where
> >    column view used to work fine, I now just get grey boxes obscuring the
> >    headings, and nothing in the columns. I've attached a minimal example
> >    file, and a screenshot.
>
> I can't reproduce this one.  Can you reproduce it with emacs -Q?

Hmmm... I can't reproduce it from emacs -Q. Sorry, I should of course
have checked this first before posting. Must be something in my
config. I'll investigate and try to narrow down what exactly is causing
it.

Best,
Toby
--

@ 2013-03-29 11:30     ` Toby Cubitt
From: Toby Cubitt @ 2013-03-29 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:10:10AM +0000, Toby Cubitt wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:29:06PM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> > > 2. Column view mode is completely broken for me. In old org files where
> > >    column view used to work fine, I now just get grey boxes obscuring the
> > >    headings, and nothing in the columns. I've attached a minimal example
> > >    file, and a screenshot.
> >
> > I can't reproduce this one.  Can you reproduce it with emacs -Q?
>
> Hmmm... I can't reproduce it from emacs -Q. Sorry, I should of course
> have checked this first before posting. Must be something in my
> config. I'll investigate and try to narrow down what exactly is causing
> it.

This one's weird. It seems to be caused by an interaction between
flyspell and org. I can reproduce it with the following minimal recipe
(using the column-view.org file from my previous post, though enabling
column view mode in any org file should reproduce the problem):

1. Create a .emacs with the following contents:

   (add-to-list "~/path/to/org-mode/lisp/")
   (require 'flyspell)
   (require 'org)

2. emacs --daemon

3. emacsclient -c column-view.org

4. C-c C-x C-c

Reversing the order in which flyspell and org are loaded fixes the
problem.

I'm running a recent bzr version of Emacs, and a recent git version of
Org mode.

Best,
Toby
--

@ 2013-04-09 17:04       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-09 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toby Cubitt; +Cc: Toby Cubitt, emacs-orgmode

Hi Toby,

Toby Cubitt <tsc25@cantab.net> writes:

> This one's weird. It seems to be caused by an interaction between
> flyspell and org. I can reproduce it with the following minimal recipe
> (using the column-view.org file from my previous post, though enabling
> column view mode in any org file should reproduce the problem):
>
> 1. Create a .emacs with the following contents:
>
>    (add-to-list "~/path/to/org-mode/lisp/")
>    (require 'flyspell)
>    (require 'org)
>
> 2. emacs --daemon
>
> 3. emacsclient -c column-view.org
>
> 4. C-c C-x C-c
>
> Reversing the order in which flyspell and org are loaded fixes the
> problem.

Mhh... FWIW, I installed aspell-fr and run flyspell by requiring it
before Org and I could not reproduce this error.

--
 Bastien