* Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-25  4:01 Charles Philip Chan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-25  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hello all:

I have a strange problem with "org-agenda-redo" and I hope that someone
can shed some light. I have an Agenda view which contains everything I
need for the day which I leave open all the time. The agenda view
already contains a schedule for the current day. A couple of days ago I
decided to add another block I called "Upcoming Events" which contains a
schedule for the next 6 days (I prefer a separate section, so that I can
easily ignore it rather then having a 7 days block). Everything is
working fine with the exception that after I mark a TODO
(scheduled/deadline) or HABIT as done, all my appointment, habits,
scheduled and deadline items disappear from the view after I save all
Agenda files and force a redisplay (s g). If I quite the view and enter
it again through the dispatcher, everything is displayed again.

As an aside, IMHO, I thinks some imenu support for blocks is a good
idea.

Thanks.

Charles
--
We come to bury DOS, not to praise it.
(Paul Vojta, vojta@math.berkeley.edu, paraphrasing a quote of Shakespeare)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-25  6:15 ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-25  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> Everything is working fine with the exception that after I mark a TODO
> (scheduled/deadline) or HABIT as done, all my appointment, habits,
> scheduled and deadline items disappear from the view after I save all
> Agenda files and force a redisplay (s g).

I did another experiment, I don't even have to mark anything as
done. All I have to do is to refresh the buffer with "g" and they are
gone.

Charles

--
"Never make any mistaeks."
(Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report.)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-25  6:52 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-08-25  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> wrote:

> I have a strange problem with "org-agenda-redo" and I hope that someone
> can shed some light. I have an Agenda view which contains everything I
> need for the day which I leave open all the time. The agenda view
> already contains a schedule for the current day. A couple of days ago I
> decided to add another block I called "Upcoming Events" which contains a
> schedule for the next 6 days (I prefer a separate section, so that I can
> easily ignore it rather then having a 7 days block). Everything is
> working fine with the exception that after I mark a TODO
> (scheduled/deadline) or HABIT as done, all my appointment, habits,
> scheduled and deadline items disappear from the view after I save all
> Agenda files and force a redisplay (s g). If I quite the view and enter
> it again through the dispatcher, everything is displayed again.

Can you post your configuration? Best to do it with M-x org-submit-bug-report,
I'd guess.

Nick

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-25  7:51   ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-25  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

Hi Nick:

> Can you post your configuration? Best to do it with M-x
> org-submit-bug-report, I'd guess.

My whole org-mode configuration or just the configuration for that
Agenda view? I have to make it clear that if I take out the "6 day"
agenda block and leave the "one day" one in that view, things are back
to normal. For what it is worth, here is the config for that view. I
will let you look at it before submitting a bug report. Maybe having 2
Agendas in the same view screw things up.

(("d" "GTD: Today's Items"
  ((tags "UNFILED"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Aggregated Inbox")
	  (org-agenda-skip-entry\ \'regexp\ \"Inbox\" nil)))
   (tags "@WAITING"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Wait For")
	  (org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options\ t nil)
	  (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled\ t nil)
	  (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines\ t nil)))
   (tags "STICKY|HOT"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Sticky Notes, Tel Messages & Hot Items")))
   (tags "WORK"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Current Working Files & Notes")))
   (agenda ""
	   ((org-agenda-span 'day)
	    (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today: Agenda, Scheduled Actions & Info")))
   (agenda ""
	   ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Upcoming Events")
	    (org-agenda-span 6)
	    (org-agenda-start-day "+1d")))
   (todo "STARTED"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Started Actions")
	  (org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options\ t nil)
	  (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled\ nil nil)))
   (todo "NEXT"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next Actions")))
   (todo "PROJECT"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects List")))
   (stuck ""
	  ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Stuck Projects")))
   (todo "TODO"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Action Backlog")))
   (todo "PROJDONE|DONE"
	 ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Candidates to be Archived"))))
  nil
  ("~/Desktop/Projects/plans/Views/1_day.html"))

Charles

--
Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux
(Unknown source)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-25 14:54     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-08-25 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> wrote:

> My whole org-mode configuration or just the configuration for that
> Agenda view? I have to make it clear that if I take out the "6 day"
> agenda block and leave the "one day" one in that view, things are back
> to normal. For what it is worth, here is the config for that view. I
> will let you look at it before submitting a bug report. Maybe having 2
> Agendas in the same view screw things up.

I didn't mean for you to submit a bone-fide bug report but I did mean
the whole configuration: org-submit-bug-report was just a convenient way
to collect all the bits and pieces together. But chances are that what
you sent is enough for people to try to reproduce it. I may get a chance
to try it later on.

Nick

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-27 16:19 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-27 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Charles,

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> I have a strange problem with "org-agenda-redo" and I hope that someone
> can shed some light. I have an Agenda view which contains everything I
> need for the day which I leave open all the time. The agenda view
> already contains a schedule for the current day. A couple of days ago I
> decided to add another block I called "Upcoming Events" which contains a
> schedule for the next 6 days (I prefer a separate section, so that I can
> easily ignore it rather then having a 7 days block). Everything is
> working fine with the exception that after I mark a TODO
> (scheduled/deadline) or HABIT as done, all my appointment, habits,
> scheduled and deadline items disappear from the view after I save all
> Agenda files and force a redisplay (s g). If I quite the view and enter
> it again through the dispatcher, everything is displayed again.

Mhh...  This was a real bug, I had a good sweat on this one.

Building agenda blocks didn't behave correctly with multiple
(agenda) commands, because it reused the parameters of the last
(agenda) command as the default for redoing.

This is now fixed.

Note that, while fixing this, I added the possibility to change
the time span of one block independantly from the other: try `f'
in one of your block, it should move to the next day/week and
leave the other blocks untouched.

Thanks for reporting this!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-27 22:01   ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-27 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

Hi Bastien:

Thanks for fixing this.

> Mhh...  This was a real bug, I had a good sweat on this one.

I hope you didn't lose a lot of weight on this one. ;-)

Charles

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29  9:55   ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-08-29  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Charles Philip Chan, Org-mode

Le lundi 27 aoû 2012 à 18:19:10 (+0200), Bastien a écrit :
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:
>
> > I have a strange problem with "org-agenda-redo" and I hope that someone
> > can shed some light. I have an Agenda view which contains everything I
> > need for the day which I leave open all the time. The agenda view
> > already contains a schedule for the current day. A couple of days ago I
> > decided to add another block I called "Upcoming Events" which contains a
> > schedule for the next 6 days (I prefer a separate section, so that I can
> > easily ignore it rather then having a 7 days block). Everything is
> > working fine with the exception that after I mark a TODO
> > (scheduled/deadline) or HABIT as done, all my appointment, habits,
> > scheduled and deadline items disappear from the view after I save all
> > Agenda files and force a redisplay (s g). If I quite the view and enter
> > it again through the dispatcher, everything is displayed again.
>
> Mhh...  This was a real bug, I had a good sweat on this one.
>
> Building agenda blocks didn't behave correctly with multiple
> (agenda) commands, because it reused the parameters of the last
> (agenda) command as the default for redoing.
>
> This is now fixed.
>

> Note that, while fixing this, I added the possibility to change
> the time span of one block independantly from the other: try `f'
> in one of your block, it should move to the next day/week and
> leave the other blocks untouched.

Hi Bastien, Hi Charles,

Since these changes, I have some troubles with a few org-agenda commands
(goto-today, redo, switch to day view, week view, etc.). This happens
with multiple blocks custom agenda views (whether there are, or not,
multiple agendas in them). Does it work for you, or shall I send
an ECM?

Best,

François.

---
Org-mode version 7.9 (release_7.9-133-g1f205a @ /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)
GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10) of 2012-08-21 on debian

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 10:46     ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-29 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

François Allisson <francois@allisson.co> writes:

Hi François:

> Since these changes, I have some troubles with a few org-agenda commands
> (goto-today, redo, switch to day view, week view, etc.). This happens
> with multiple blocks custom agenda views (whether there are, or not,
> multiple agendas in them). Does it work for you, or shall I send
> an ECM?

I was going to report also- I am seeing some strange things. For
example:

        1. Pressing "f" the first time in a "1 day" block will jump
           forward 2 days. Subsequent presses will do the right thing
           and go forward 1 day.

        2. Pressing "b" the first time in a "1 day" block does
           nothing. Again subsequent presses will do the right thing.

        3. Switch from day view to week/month and back will go to the
           start to the week/month, instead of today.

etc...

Charles

--
"The move was on to 'Free the Lizard'"

  -- Jim Hamerly and Tom Paquin (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 17:36     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-29 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: Charles Philip Chan, Org-mode

Hi François,

François Allisson <francois@allisson.co> writes:

> Since these changes, I have some troubles with a few org-agenda commands
> (goto-today, redo, switch to day view, week view, etc.). This happens
> with multiple blocks custom agenda views (whether there are, or not,
> multiple agendas in them). Does it work for you, or shall I send
> an ECM?

I just completely rewrote the parts in the agenda that were responsible
for this.  If you can, please pull from git and test.  I tested this
myself for the last 24 hours, but this is a big change and I want it to
be tested more before 7.9.1.

Thanks for your help!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 17:38       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-29 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Charles,

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> I was going to report also- I am seeing some strange things. For
> example:

org-agenda.el is a maze, full of sound and fury.

The various variables/situations were so entangled that the best
was to wipe the place out a bit.  I did so.

Let me know if you still have this.  Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 18:10         ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-29 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

Hi Bastien:

> org-agenda.el is a maze, full of sound and fury.
>
> The various variables/situations were so entangled that the best
> was to wipe the place out a bit.  I did so.
>
> Let me know if you still have this.  Thanks!

I can't even go into the Agenda view now. Here is the backtrace:

,----
> [...]
|   (catch (quote exit) (let* ((prefix-descriptions nil) (org-agenda-buffer-name org-agenda-buffer-name) (org-agenda-window-setup (if (equal (buffer-name) org-agenda-buffer-name) (quote current-window) org-agenda-window-setup)) (org-agenda-custom-commands-orig org-agenda-custom-commands) (org-agenda-custom-commands (delq nil (mapcar (lambda (x) (cond ... ... ... ...)) org-agenda-custom-commands))) (org-agenda-custom-commands (org-contextualize-keys org-agenda-custom-commands org-agenda-custom-commands-contexts)) (buf (current-buffer)) (bfn (buffer-file-name (buffer-base-buffer))) entry key type org-match lprops ans) (unless org-agenda-overriding-restriction (unless (org-bound-and-true-p org-agenda-keep-restricted-file-list) (put (quote org-agenda-files) (quote org-restrict) nil)) (setq org-agenda-restrict nil) (move-marker org-agenda-restrict-begin nil) (move-marker org-agenda-restrict-end nil)) (put (quote org-agenda-redo-command) (quote org-lprops) nil) (put (quote org-agenda-redo-command) (quote last-args) nil) (setq org-agenda-last-dispatch-buffer (current-buffer)) (unless org-keys (setq ans (org-agenda-get-restriction-and-command prefix-descriptions) org-keys (car ans) restriction (cdr ans))) (if org-agenda-sticky (setq org-agenda-buffer-name (format "*Org Agenda(%s)*" org-keys))) (when (and (not org-agenda-overriding-restriction) restriction) (put (quote org-agenda-files) (quote org-restrict) (list bfn)) (cond ((eq restriction (quote region)) (setq org-agenda-restrict t) (move-marker org-agenda-restrict-begin (region-beginning)) (move-marker org-agenda-restrict-end (region-end))) ((eq restriction (quote subtree)) (save-excursion (setq org-agenda-restrict t) (org-back-to-heading t) (move-marker org-agenda-restrict-begin (point)) (move-marker org-agenda-restrict-end (progn ...)))))) (cond ((setq entry (assoc org-keys org-agenda-custom-commands)) (if (or (symbolp (nth 2 entry)) (functionp (nth 2 entry))) (progn (setq type (nth 2 entry) org-match (eval ...) lprops (nth 4 entry)) (if org-agenda-sticky (setq org-agenda-buffer-name ...)) (put (quote org-agenda-redo-command) (quote org-lprops) lprops) (cond (... ...) (... ...) (... ...) (... ...) (... ...) (... ...) (... ...) (... ... ...) (... ... ...) (... ... ...) (... ...) (... ...) (t ...))) (org-agenda-run-series (nth 1 entry) (cddr entry)))) ((equal org-keys "C") (setq org-agenda-custom-commands org-agenda-custom-commands-orig) (customize-variable (quote org-agenda-custom-commands))) ((equal org-keys "a") (call-interactively (quote org-agenda-list))) ((equal org-keys "s") (call-interactively (quote org-search-view))) ((equal org-keys "S") (org-call-with-arg (quote org-search-view) (or arg (quote (4))))) ((equal org-keys "t") (call-interactively (quote org-todo-list))) ((equal org-keys "T") (org-call-with-arg (quote org-todo-list) (or arg (quote (4))))) ((equal org-keys "m") (call-interactively (quote org-tags-view))) ((equal org-keys "M") (org-call-with-arg (quote org-tags-view) (or arg (quote (4))))) ((equal org-keys "e") (call-interactively (quote org-store-agenda-views))) ((equal org-keys "?") (org-tags-view nil "+FLAGGED") (org-add-hook (quote post-command-hook) (lambda nil (unless (current-message) (let* ... ...))) t t)) ((equal org-keys "L") (unless (derived-mode-p (quote org-mode)) (error "This is not an Org-mode file")) (unless restriction (put (quote org-agenda-files) (quote org-restrict) (list bfn)) (org-call-with-arg (quote org-timeline) arg))) ((equal org-keys "#") (call-interactively (quote org-agenda-list-stuck-projects))) ((equal org-keys "/") (call-interactively (quote org-occur-in-agenda-files))) ((equal org-keys "!") (customize-variable (quote org-stuck-projects))) (t (error "Invalid agenda key")))))
`----

The strange thing is I clearly can see this variable when I grep
org-agenda.el.

Thanks.
Charles

--
Why use Windows, since there is a door?
(By fachat@galileo.rhein-neckar.de, Andre Fachat)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 18:16           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-29 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> I can't even go into the Agenda view now. Here is the backtrace:

Ooooops.   Fixed!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 18:19           ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-08-29 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Bastien and Charles,

> > Let me know if you still have this.  Thanks!
>
> I can't even go into the Agenda view now. Here is the backtrace:
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-agenda-overriding-cmd)

I've just get into the same problem and backtrace...

François.

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 18:21             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-29 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: Charles Philip Chan, Org-mode

François Allisson <francois@allisson.co> writes:

> Hi Bastien and Charles,
>
>> > Let me know if you still have this.  Thanks!
>>
>> I can't even go into the Agenda view now. Here is the backtrace:
>>
>> ,----
>> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-agenda-overriding-cmd)
>
> I've just get into the same problem and backtrace...

Yes -- should be fixed now.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 18:33             ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-29 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

Hi Bastien:

> Ooooops.   Fixed!

Thanks for all the hard work. Things are working fine now and I see no
strangeness. The only thing is, for consistency sake, shouldn't "j" jump
to the specified date in place rather then bringing up a new Agenda
buffer?

Cheers,
Charles

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours!
(Adapted from Pat Paulsen by Joe Sloan)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-29 18:43               ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-08-29 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Charles Philip Chan, Org-mode

Le mercredi 29 aoû 2012 à 14:33:17 (-0400), Charles Philip Chan a écrit :
> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
> Hi Bastien:
>
> > Ooooops.   Fixed!
>
> Thanks for all the hard work. Things are working fine now and I see no
> strangeness. The only thing is, for consistency sake, shouldn't "j" jump
> to the specified date in place rather then bringing up a new Agenda
> buffer?
>
> Cheers,
> Charles

Thanks a lot! I confirm that everything works just fine. And not just as
before, but better than before: I like the fact that, in a block agenda
view, one agenda can move in time independently from another one. I'll
play with that a bit and give you some feedback on it.

Best,
François

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-30  5:49                 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-30  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: Charles Philip Chan, Org-mode

François Allisson <francois.allisson@unil.ch> writes:

> Thanks a lot! I confirm that everything works just fine. And not just as
> before, but better than before: I like the fact that, in a block agenda
> view, one agenda can move in time independently from another one. I'll
> play with that a bit and give you some feedback on it.

Yes -- also note that `r' and `g' now refresh differently in multi
agendas.  `r' keep the temporary parameters for the agenda under the
point, while `g' restore the view from scratch (discard temporary
change in the time span etc.)  I think this is useful -- at least
more useful than a half-broken state of multi-agendas handling :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-30  8:18               ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-30  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Charles,

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> The only thing is, for consistency sake, shouldn't "j" jump
> to the specified date in place rather then bringing up a new Agenda
> buffer?

Mhh..  this is how the `j' agenda command behaves here.

Can you describe exactly what's your agenda, what you do expect
by hitting `j', what it does and what surprises you?

Thanks for the effort...

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-31  1:20                 ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-31  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

Hi Bastien:

> Mhh..  this is how the `j' agenda command behaves here.
>
> Can you describe exactly what's your agenda, what you do expect
> by hitting `j', what it does and what surprises you?

It changes the Agenda in buffer to a day view for the "jump to date". I
was expecting for it to change the block Agenda under point like "b"
and "f".

Charles

--
Your job is being a professor and researcher: That's one hell of a good excuse
for some of the brain-damages of minix.

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-31  5:58                   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-31  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Charles,

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> It changes the Agenda in buffer to a day view for the "jump to date". I
> was expecting for it to change the block Agenda under point like "b"
> and "f".

Yes, this is what it does now.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-08-31  6:27                     ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-31  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

Hi Bastien:

> Yes, this is what it does now.

Thanks, it works now with the latest update.

Cheers,
Charles

--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?
That's a city in Bosnia.  Right?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-09-04 12:45                   ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-09-04 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode

> > Thanks a lot! I confirm that everything works just fine. And not just as
> > before, but better than before: I like the fact that, in a block agenda
> > view, one agenda can move in time independently from another one. I'll
> > play with that a bit and give you some feedback on it.
>
> Yes -- also note that `r' and `g' now refresh differently in multi
> agendas.  `r' keep the temporary parameters for the agenda under the
> point, while `g' restore the view from scratch (discard temporary
> change in the time span etc.)  I think this is useful -- at least
> more useful than a half-broken state of multi-agendas handling :)
>
> --
>  Bastien

Hi Bastien,

After several tests with multiple agendas in a block agenda view, I just
found one strange case (or perhaps it is a feature?):

When one tries `.' (org-agenda-today) on an agenda that is either in the
past or in the future, *and* if another agenda already shows today's
day, then the cursor just jump to that other agenda, and does not go to
today on the current agenda.

Except for that case, all other commands (`f', `b', `r', `g', etc.) and
situations work in that context as one would expect them to work. This
is nice!

Thanks,
François

* Re: Strange Problem with "org-agenda-redo"
@ 2012-09-18  9:31                     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-18  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi François,

François Allisson <francois@allisson.co> writes:

> After several tests with multiple agendas in a block agenda view, I just
> found one strange case (or perhaps it is a feature?):
>
> When one tries `.' (org-agenda-today) on an agenda that is either in the
> past or in the future, *and* if another agenda already shows today's
> day, then the cursor just jump to that other agenda, and does not go to
> today on the current agenda.

I cannot reproduce this anymore.  Let me know if you can,

--
 Bastien