* Secondary filtering and query editing within daily/weekly agenda
@ 2010-01-23  0:38 Brody, William (Buck)
From: Brody, William (Buck) @ 2010-01-23  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I want to filter my daily/weekly agenda to only show certain tags.  The manual says "/" will prompt for secondary filtering.  When I try it, however, I get a "buffer is read only" message.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Buck

* Re: Secondary filtering and query editing within daily/weekly agenda
@ 2010-01-23 14:51 ` Matt Lundin
       [not found]   ` <46FF04F1BA077D4586212E7E31C57D2A01DBC958DE@MAIL.darden.virginia.edu>
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-01-23 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brody, William (Buck); +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

"Brody, William (Buck)" <BrodyW11@darden.virginia.edu> writes:

> I want to filter my daily/weekly agenda to only show certain tags.  The
> manual says “/” will prompt for secondary filtering.  When I try it,
> however, I get a “buffer is read only” message.  Any ideas?

Is it possible that you are running an older version of org-mode? You
can type M-x org-version to find out. The current version is 6.34, and I
believe that filtering was introduced in 6.06b.

- Matt

* RE: Secondary filtering and query editing within daily/weekly agenda
@ 2010-01-23 22:23   ` Brody, William (Buck)
       [not found]   ` <46FF04F1BA077D4586212E7E31C57D2A01DBC958DE@MAIL.darden.virginia.edu>
From: Brody, William (Buck) @ 2010-01-23 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

That was the problem.  Thanks, Matt.

@ 2010-02-17 12:23     ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2010-02-17 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brody, William (Buck); +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

"Brody, William (Buck)" <BrodyW11@darden.virginia.edu> writes:

> I see that I can now filter by tag. Is it possible to filter by todo
> state? For instance, I would like to exclude all DONE items.

There is no way to filter by TODO state. One way to achieve the same
effect, however, is to set the variable org-todo-state-tags-triggers,
which causes tags to be added to (and removed from) an item
automatically when you switch to a particular todo state.

    (setq org-todo-state-tags-triggers
	  '(
	    ("STARTED"
	     ("NEXT" . t)
	     ("WAITING" . nil)
	     )
	    ("WAITING"
	     ("WAITING" . t)
	     ("NEXT" . nil)
	     )
             ))

The above setting adds a :NEXT: tag whenever the todo state is
switched to STARTED and a :WAITING: tag whenever the todo state is
switched to WAITING. These tags can then be filtered.

Best,
Matt