* org-mode fontification error when exporting to LaTeX
@ 2011-07-13  1:52 Luke J Crook
From: Luke J Crook @ 2011-07-13  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I get an 'org-mode fontification error' when I export to LaTeX.
Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks,
-Luke

* Re: org-mode fontification error when exporting to LaTeX
@ 2011-07-13  5:16 ` David O'Toole
From: David O'Toole @ 2011-07-13  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke J Crook; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

try doing (setq debug-on-error t) and then re-export; this should give
you a backtrace.

but sometimes fontification stuff can have errors without backtraces.
try checking the *Messages* buffer. misbehaving font-lock rules and
improperly defined faces can also be issues.

@ 2011-07-13  7:47   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-13  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David O'Toole; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Luke J Crook

Hi Luke,

"David O'Toole" <dto1138@gmail.com> writes:

> try doing (setq debug-on-error t) and then re-export; this should give
> you a backtrace.
>
> but sometimes fontification stuff can have errors without backtraces.
> try checking the *Messages* buffer. misbehaving font-lock rules and
> improperly defined faces can also be issues.

Yes -- also please give more details about your setup: what version
of Org and Emacs?  What system?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-mode fontification error when exporting to LaTeX
@ 2011-07-13 17:53     ` Luke J Crook
From: Luke J Crook @ 2011-07-13 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> Yes -- also please give more details about your setup: what version
> of Org and Emacs?  What system?

I tracked it down to the following in my text;

- list item
  - list item
  - list item - Note :: Blah
  - list item - Note :: Blah
- list item

The error goes away when I correct this to the following;

- list item
  - list item
  - list item
    - Note :: Blah