From: "Juan Manuel Macías" <maciaschain@posteo.net>
To: Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net>
Cc: orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Org as a book publisher
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 21:20:01 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Bob, thank you for your comment.

Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net> writes:

> Aloha,
>
> Thank you for your interesting and useful post.
>
> I must really look into your examples and process. I have
> published quite a number of books with LaTeX but my process
> has been to write in org-mode, then export, and do all the
> design and typesetting directly in LaTeX. I end up with a good
> result but I would really rather work more in org-mode.
>
> Layouts require a lot of fine-tuning, particularly complex
> layouts with multiple columns. If some or most of that could
> be accomplished in org-mode, it would be a great benefit.

Multiple column layout, for example, can be achieved from Org with a
special block (and loading the multicol package). For example:

#+LaTeX_Header: \usepackage{multicol}
#+ATTR_LaTeX: :options {2}
#+begin_multicols
#+end_multicols

As I mentioned in a previous message, I have to organize and clean all
the code in those two books of my samples, and upload it to GitLab, in
case it could be useful to someone...

Best regards,

Juan Manuel