* how to compare org-mode version to current file needs
@ 2011-03-16 12:42 Olaf.Hamann
From: Olaf.Hamann @ 2011-03-16 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

is there any org-mode expression for saying "this org-file needs
org-version > xxx"

which will compare current needs of the file to used orgmode at org-file
startup
and present a little message to the user?

I think, it could be done with an emacs-lisp block comparing org-version
to a certain string,
but I have to express

this org-file needs org-version >=  "Org-mode version 7.5
(release_7.5.47.g4d9f2.dirty)"

and I don't know what or how to compare (string compare or git timeline
or so?).

Thank you very much in advance,
Olaf