* BEAMER_ACT ignored during export in column environment
@ 2015-09-09 13:01 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-09-09 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Consider the following:

#+STARTUP: beamer
* Frame                                                         :B_fullframe:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: fullframe
:END:
** Column1
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_COL: .45
:END:
1st column
** Column2
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_COL: .45
:END:
*** Column 2 in a heading
:PROPERTIES:
:beamer_act: article
:END:
2nd column
** Column3
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_COL: .45
:beamer_act: article
:END:
3rd column

The "article" property of the "Column3" heading isn't exported to the
TeX file whereas the one of "Column 2 in a heading" is. However Beamer
supports this overlay for column environment. In the following
(modified) TeX file, the 3rd column is ignored when processed as it
should be.

Is there a reason why org would choose to ignore overlay specifications
for column environment ?

Julien.

% Created 2015-09-09 mer. 14:50
\documentclass[presentation]{beamer}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{grffile}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{capt-of}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usetheme{default}
\author{Julien Cubizolles}
\date{\today}
\title{}
\hypersetup{
 pdfauthor={Julien Cubizolles},
 pdftitle={},
 pdfkeywords={},
 pdfsubject={},
 pdfcreator={Emacs 25.0.50.2 (Org mode 8.3.1)},
 pdflang={English}}
\begin{document}

\begin{frame}{Outline}
\tableofcontents
\end{frame}

\begin{frame}[label={sec:orgheadline1}]{}
\begin{columns}
\begin{column}{.45\columnwidth}
1st column
\end{column}
\begin{column}{.45\columnwidth}
\begin{block}<article>{Column 2 in a heading}
2nd column
\end{block}
\end{column}
\begin{column}<article>{.45\columnwidth}
3rd column
\end{column}
\end{columns}
\end{frame}
\end{document}

* Re: BEAMER_ACT ignored during export in column environment
@ 2015-09-09 14:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-09-09 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> The "article" property of the "Column3" heading isn't exported to the
> TeX file whereas the one of "Column 2 in a heading" is. However Beamer
> supports this overlay for column environment.

Are you sure column environment supports overlays? It doesn't seem so in
my local copy of Beamer user's guide. I have

  \begin{column}[<placement>]{<column width>}
    <environment contents>
  \end{column}

It might be outdated, tho.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: BEAMER_ACT ignored during export in column environment
@ 2015-09-10  4:56   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-09-10  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> The "article" property of the "Column3" heading isn't exported to the
>> TeX file whereas the one of "Column 2 in a heading" is. However Beamer
>> supports this overlay for column environment.
>
> Are you sure column environment supports overlays? It doesn't seem so in
> my local copy of Beamer user's guide. I have
>
>   \begin{column}[<placement>]{<column width>}
>     <environment contents>
>   \end{column}
>
> It might be outdated, tho.

Nothing in my user's guide about overlay specifications for column
you're right. However the mode (<article> <beamer>) has an effect:
the environment is ignored in <article> mode at least. Moreover, a pure
overlay specification like <only@+> to a column environment doesn't
prevent a beamer document from being compiled. Couldn't org export it
so that we recover the <mode> usage ?

Julien.

* Re: BEAMER_ACT ignored during export in column environment
@ 2015-09-11 16:40     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-09-11 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Nothing in my user's guide about overlay specifications for column
> you're right. However the mode (<article> <beamer>) has an effect:
> the environment is ignored in <article> mode at least. Moreover, a pure
> overlay specification like <only@+> to a column environment doesn't
> prevent a beamer document from being compiled. Couldn't org export it
> so that we recover the <mode> usage ?

We would be playing with undocumented stuff.

If you think that's fine, please provide a patch for it, ideally with
comments in the source, and an entry about it in ORG-NEWS.

Thank you.

* Re: BEAMER_ACT ignored during export in column environment
@ 2015-09-23  8:52       ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-09-23  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Nothing in my user's guide about overlay specifications for column
>> you're right. However the mode (<article> <beamer>) has an effect:
>> the environment is ignored in <article> mode at least. Moreover, a pure
>> overlay specification like <only@+> to a column environment doesn't
>> prevent a beamer document from being compiled. Couldn't org export it
>> so that we recover the <mode> usage ?
>
> We would be playing with undocumented stuff.
>
> If you think that's fine, please provide a patch for it, ideally with
> comments in the source, and an entry about it in ORG-NEWS.

I'll consider it but I discovered that it's not behaving the way I
expect it to so, I'll wait until I've cleared that up.

Julien.