* Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 12:06 Juri Artamonov
From: Juri Artamonov @ 2010-09-22 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Guys,

I'm still learning how to correctly configure orgmode. One of the items is
ditaa usage.

I have the following in my org file.

#+begin_src ditaa :file task_states.png :cmdline -r -s 0.8
 +--------+       +---------+       +--------+
     |        |       |         |       |        |
  +--+  TODO  +------>+  NEXT   +------>+  DONE  |
  |  | cRED   |       |  cBLU   |       | cGRE   |
  |  +--+-+---+       +--+---+--+       +--------+

#+end_src

#+results:
file:task_states.png

init.el
contains reference to ditaa library.

(setq org-ditaa-jar-path "~/lib/ditaa0_9.jar")

Could you please tell me what else do I need to configure in order to have
graphics in result of exporting the file into HTML?

Thank you,
                        Juri.

* Re: Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 12:23 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-09-22 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Artamonov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Do you have the necessary lines for babl as described here:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.php#configure

<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.php#configure>Namely:

----

;; active Babel languages(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((gnuplot . t)
   (ditaa . t)
   ))

----
You don't have to have gnuplot... just put whatever languages you want in
the form "language . t" and you're set.

See if that helps.

John

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Juri Artamonov <jartamonov@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm still learning how to correctly configure orgmode. One of the items is
> ditaa usage.
>
> I have the following in my org file.
>
> #+begin_src ditaa :file task_states.png :cmdline -r -s 0.8
>  +--------+       +---------+       +--------+
>      |        |       |         |       |        |
>   +--+  TODO  +------>+  NEXT   +------>+  DONE  |
>   |  | cRED   |       |  cBLU   |       | cGRE   |
>   |  +--+-+---+       +--+---+--+       +--------+
>
> #+end_src
>
> #+results:
> file:task_states.png
>
> init.el
> contains reference to ditaa library.
>
> (setq org-ditaa-jar-path "~/lib/ditaa0_9.jar")
>
> Could you please tell me what else do I need to configure in order to have
> graphics in result of exporting the file into HTML?
>
> Thank you,
>                         Juri.

* Re: Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 13:08   ` Juri Artamonov
From: Juri Artamonov @ 2010-09-22 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy, emacs-orgmode

Hello John,

if I add what you provided then I have

"Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`c:/emacs/.emacs.d/init.el':
Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel-do-load-languages"

message.

I have added this for now:

(setq org-ditaa-jar-path "~/lib/ditaa0_9.jar")

(setq org-babel-load-languages (quote ((emacs-lisp . t)
                                         (dot . t)
                                         (ditaa . t)
                                         (R . t)
                                         (python . t)
                                         (ruby . t)
                                         (gnuplot . t)
                                         (clojure . t)
                                         (sh . t))))

In result I don't have error message on initialization but after export I
have at least area with where the lines are shown exactly the same as I
wrote in org file but without any converting to the image.

Maybe I need something to install additionally or add something else to the
configuration?

Thank you,
                      Juri.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have the necessary lines for babl as described here:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.php#configure
>
> <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.php#configure>Namely:
>
> ----
>
> ;; active Babel languages(org-babel-do-load-languages
>  'org-babel-load-languages
>  '((gnuplot . t)
>    (ditaa . t)
>    ))
>
> ----
> You don't have to have gnuplot... just put whatever languages you want in
> the form "language . t" and you're set.
>
> See if that helps.
>

> John
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Juri Artamonov <jartamonov@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> I'm still learning how to correctly configure orgmode. One of the items is
>> ditaa usage.
>>
>> I have the following in my org file.
>>
>> #+begin_src ditaa :file task_states.png :cmdline -r -s 0.8
>>  +--------+       +---------+       +--------+
>>      |        |       |         |       |        |
>>   +--+  TODO  +------>+  NEXT   +------>+  DONE  |
>>   |  | cRED   |       |  cBLU   |       | cGRE   |
>>   |  +--+-+---+       +--+---+--+       +--------+
>>
>> #+end_src
>>
>> #+results:
>> file:task_states.png
>>
>> init.el
>> contains reference to ditaa library.
>>
>> (setq org-ditaa-jar-path "~/lib/ditaa0_9.jar")
>>
>> Could you please tell me what else do I need to configure in order to have
>> graphics in result of exporting the file into HTML?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>                         Juri.

* Re: Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 13:17     ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-09-22 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Artamonov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 09/22/2010 08:08 AM, Juri Artamonov wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> if I add what you provided then I have
>
> "Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> `c:/emacs/.emacs.d/init.el':
> Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel-do-load-languages"
>
> message.

 From your previous post, looks like you're using a fairly old version
of org-mode.  using source code blocks like ditaa is much simplified
in org-mode 7.01, so just upgrade to that and you'll be all set.

> I have added this for now:
>
> (setq org-ditaa-jar-path "~/lib/ditaa0_9.jar")
>
> (setq org-babel-load-languages (quote ((emacs-lisp . t)
>                                           (dot . t)
>                                           (ditaa . t)
>                                           (R . t)
>                                           (python . t)
>                                           (ruby . t)
>                                           (gnuplot . t)
>                                           (clojure . t)
>                                           (sh . t))))
>
> In result I don't have error message on initialization but after export
> I have at least area with where the lines are shown exactly the same as
> I wrote in org file but without any converting to the image.
>
> Maybe I need something to install additionally or add something else to
> the configuration?
>
> Thank you,
>                        Juri.
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com
> <mailto:jw.hendy@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Do you have the necessary lines for babl as described here:
>     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.php#configure
>
>     <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.php#configure>Namely:
>
>     ----
>
>     ;;active Babel languages
>     (org-babel-do-load-languages
>       'org-babel-load-languages
>       '((gnuplot . t)
>         (ditaa . t)
>         ))
>
>     ----
>     You don't have to have gnuplot... just put whatever languages you
>     want in the form "language . t" and you're set.
>
>     See if that helps.
>

>     John
>
>     On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Juri Artamonov
>     <jartamonov@gmail.com <mailto:jartamonov@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hello Guys,
>
>         I'm still learning how to correctly configure orgmode. One of
>         the items is ditaa usage.
>
>         I have the following in my org file.
>
>         #+begin_src ditaa :file task_states.png :cmdline -r -s 0.8
>           +--------+       +---------+       +--------+
>               |        |       |         |       |        |
>            +--+  TODO  +------>+  NEXT   +------>+  DONE  |
>            |  | cRED   |       |  cBLU   |       | cGRE   |
>            |  +--+-+---+       +--+---+--+       +--------+
>
>         #+end_src
>
>         #+results:
>         file:task_states.png
>
>         init.el
>         contains reference to ditaa library.
>
>         (setq org-ditaa-jar-path "~/lib/ditaa0_9.jar")
>
>         Could you please tell me what else do I need to configure in
>         order to have graphics in result of exporting the file into HTML?
>
>         Thank you,
>                                  Juri.

* Re: Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 13:40       ` Juri Artamonov
From: Juri Artamonov @ 2010-09-22 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Iverson, emacs-orgmode

Erik,

I would love to update but I have emacsW32 installed and don't know how to
update orgmode inside of it.

Perhaps you can advice or maybe it's even better to reinstall first emacs
and then orgmode. What do you think?

Thank you,
                       Juri.

* Re: Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 13:56         ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2010-09-22 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Artamonov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Juri Artamonov <jartamonov@gmail.com> writes:

> Erik,I would love to update but I have emacsW32 installed and
> don't know how to update orgmode inside of it.
Please
+ download the current version from http://orgmode.org

  Current Version (7.01h)

+ then read
  http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation

> Perhaps you can advice or maybe it&#39;s even better to reinstall
> first emacs and then orgmode.
I don't think so ;-)

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 17:24         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2010-09-22 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Juri Artamonov <jartamonov@gmail.com> writes:
> I would love to update but I have emacsW32 installed and don't know
> how to update orgmode inside of it.

In a nutshell, you don't.  You put the new version of org-mode into the
site-lisp directory where EMACS is installed and EMACS will use the new
version because it looks there first.  If you can't install into
site-lisp, you can put orgmode into some other place and prepend that
location to the load-path in your user startup file (.emacs in your
"Application and Settings" folder, IIRC).  Proper installation of
org-mode requires a working make and some other programs that you can
get with MSys (or Cygwin if you need a full POSIX environment).

Achim.

* Re: Re: Ditaa usage
@ 2010-09-22 18:25           ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-09-22 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)