* latex export of unnumbered sections
@ 2013-03-04 17:34 Sebastian Hofer
From: Sebastian Hofer @ 2013-03-04 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a particular reason why unnumbered sections are exported to
latex including the title in first (optional) argument if there is no
* present? To clarify a bit: A sectioning structure like

("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")

gives rise to

\section[title]{title}          % numbered section
\section*{title}                % unnumbered section

If, on the other hand you have something like

("\\numbered{%s}" . "\\unnumbered{%s}")

you will get

\numbered[title]{title}          % numbered section
\unnumbered[title]{title}        % unnumbered section

Of course one can easily work around that, but it seems a bit
inconsistent. So I'm wondering if I am missing something...

Best regards
Sebastian

* Re: latex export of unnumbered sections
@ 2013-03-04 20:21 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-03-04 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Hofer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Sebastian Hofer <sebastian.hofer@univie.ac.at> writes:

> Is there a particular reason why unnumbered sections are exported to
> latex including the title in first (optional) argument if there is no
> * present? To clarify a bit: A sectioning structure like
>
> ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
>
> gives rise to
>
> \section[title]{title}          % numbered section
> \section*{title}                % unnumbered section
>
> If, on the other hand you have something like
>
> ("\\numbered{%s}" . "\\unnumbered{%s}")
>
> you will get
>
> \numbered[title]{title}          % numbered section
> \unnumbered[title]{title}        % unnumbered section
>
> Of course one can easily work around that, but it seems a bit
> inconsistent. So I'm wondering if I am missing something...

Unnumbered headlines cannot have an optional title anymore in master.

Thank you for suggesting this.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: latex export of unnumbered sections
@ 2013-03-05  9:09   ` Sebastian Hofer
From: Sebastian Hofer @ 2013-03-05  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Sebastian Hofer, emacs-orgmode

At Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:21:54 +0100,
Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sebastian Hofer <sebastian.hofer@univie.ac.at> writes:
>
> > Is there a particular reason why unnumbered sections are exported to
> > latex including the title in first (optional) argument if there is no
> > * present? To clarify a bit: A sectioning structure like
> >
> > ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
> >
> > gives rise to
> >
> > \section[title]{title}          % numbered section
> > \section*{title}                % unnumbered section
> >
> > If, on the other hand you have something like
> >
> > ("\\numbered{%s}" . "\\unnumbered{%s}")
> >
> > you will get
> >
> > \numbered[title]{title}          % numbered section
> > \unnumbered[title]{title}        % unnumbered section
> >
> > Of course one can easily work around that, but it seems a bit
> > inconsistent. So I'm wondering if I am missing something...
>
> Unnumbered headlines cannot have an optional title anymore in master.
>
> Thank you for suggesting this.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou