* Alternatives to Org-modes (TreeSheets, WorkFlowy, ...)
@ 2013-06-14 11:03 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-06-14 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I just came across TreeSheets[1] which looks like a easy-to-use
alternative to Org-mode. It went Open Source, by the way.[2]

A couple of months ago, I found WorkFlowy[3] which is an online
service that offers some features of Org-mode as well.

For all those people, which are not able to learn Emacs/Org-mode for
whatever reason, we should probably collect such alternatives on a
Worg page.

Is there already a collection I just could not find yet?

Did you find some similar software or services as well?

  1. http://treesheets.com/
  2. Wouldn't it be nice if TreeSheets could be used to parse and
     visualize org-files as well? :-)
  3. https://workflowy.com/
--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: Alternatives to Org-modes (TreeSheets, WorkFlowy, ...)
@ 2013-06-14 11:16 ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2013-06-14 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I just came across TreeSheets[1] which looks like a easy-to-use
> alternative to Org-mode. It went Open Source, by the way.[2]

Well - this calls for an new exporter for org. TreeSheets looks
definitely nice.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug

email: RMKrug<at>gmail<dot>com

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 489 bytes --]

* Re: Alternatives to Org-modes (TreeSheets, WorkFlowy, ...)
@ 2013-06-27 15:02 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-27 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> A couple of months ago, I found WorkFlowy[3] which is an online
> service that offers some features of Org-mode as well.

(The guys at workflowy told me one year ago that they would allow
.org export... I'm still waiting it!)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Alternatives to Org-modes (TreeSheets, WorkFlowy, ...)
@ 2015-02-26 21:05   ` Isaac Pei
From: Isaac Pei @ 2015-02-26 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Karl,
>
> Karl Voit <devnull <at> Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
> > A couple of months ago, I found WorkFlowy[3] which is an online
> > service that offers some features of Org-mode as well.
>
> (The guys at workflowy told me one year ago that they would allow
> .org export... I'm still waiting it!)

To convert the workflowy export to orgmode should be straightforward,
guess cooking a script in ruby wouldn't take long ... from the opml
export, this gem might be useful: https://github.com/amardaxini/opml-
reader

- Isaac