* Using MobileOrg w/ Dropbox from multiple systems
@ 2014-02-24 22:18 Brian Whitehead
From: Brian Whitehead @ 2014-02-24 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm finally spending some time trying to implement using org-mode and
mobileorg.  I need to use it from multiple systems.  Does anyone have some
recommendations on doing this?  The issues I can see are having to sync the
files between the ~/Dropbox/Apps/MobileOrg/ directory ​and ~/org/
directories on different systems.  I want to be able to carry a laptop to a
meeting and take notes, then go back to my desk and use a desktop with
multiple screens for efficiency.  For this to work, any changes made on one
system have to be pushed to the dropbox folder and then pulled in to the
~/org/ folder on the other system.

​Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian​

* Re: Using MobileOrg w/ Dropbox from multiple systems
@ 2014-02-24 23:04 ` Samuel W. Flint
From: Samuel W. Flint @ 2014-02-24 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Whitehead; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, February 24, 2014 4:18 pm, Brian Whitehead wrote:
> I'm finally spending some time trying to implement using org-mode and
> mobileorg.  I need to use it from multiple systems.  Does anyone have some
> recommendations on doing this?  The issues I can see are having to sync
> the
> files between the ~/Dropbox/Apps/MobileOrg/ directory ​and ~/org/
> directories on different systems.  I want to be able to carry a laptop to
> meeting and take notes, then go back to my desk and use a desktop with
> multiple screens for efficiency.  For this to work, any changes made on
> one
> system have to be pushed to the dropbox folder and then pulled in to the
> ~/org/ folder on the other system.

Keep both the mobileorg and normal org files in dropbox.  MobileOrg syncs
with your phone, not your computers.

--
Sam Flint
swflint@flintfam.org

* Re: Using MobileOrg w/ Dropbox from multiple systems
@ 2014-02-25  0:20   ` Brian Whitehead
From: Brian Whitehead @ 2014-02-25  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel W. Flint; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I understand how it works.  Are you recommending to simply set the org default directory to the Dropbox filter or even just use a symlink?  I'm testing this now.

The org-mobile-push will move them there, but it seems that org-mobile-pull only grabs the from-mobile.org.

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2014-02-25  5:40     ` Paul Rudin
From: Paul Rudin @ 2014-02-25  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Brian Whitehead <bwhitehd-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I understand how it works.  Are you recommending to simply set the org default
> directory to the Dropbox filter or even just use a symlink?  I'm testing this
> now.

If your use case is simply to sync across two computers then you don't
need mobileorg at all. Just put your org files on Dropbox and keep the
Dropbox client running on both computers - everything will be
automatically copied.

Or do I misunderstand what you want?