* "task b" starts when "task a" is marked as DONE?
@ 2015-07-02 17:55 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2015-07-02 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

How can I have a task start when a primary task ends. I mean like this -

* TODO task a - fill the rubbish bag
* TODO task b - put rubbish bag into the bin outside.

So in this case "task b" starts when "task a" is marked as DONE.

Is it possible for this to occur please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.0, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.5.50.2

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: "task b" starts when "task a" is marked as DONE?
@ 2015-07-03  2:02 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-07-03  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> How can I have a task start when a primary task ends. I mean like this -
>
> * TODO task a - fill the rubbish bag
> * TODO task b - put rubbish bag into the bin outside.
>
> So in this case "task b" starts when "task a" is marked as DONE.
>
> Is it possible for this to occur please?

what do you mean by "start"? Are you talking about clocking,
about TODO states, about something else?

--
Nick

* Re: "task b" starts when "task a" is marked as DONE?
@ 2015-07-03  2:19   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2015-07-03  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

default org has info "(org) TODO dependencies" for blocking.

you can also use hooks or org-depend to change state when you doneify.

i think the one missing feature is the ability to put scheduled [in
addition to changing state on] a remote task when a task is done.  not
sure why this is missing.  perhaps that's wrong and it is possible.

Ramsay's disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: "task b" starts when "task a" is marked as DONE?
@ 2015-07-03  6:17   ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2015-07-03  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode