* org-export-babel-evaluate=nil ignores ":exports results" setting - this has changed
@ 2017-02-20 22:02 Derek Feichtinger
From: Derek Feichtinger @ 2017-02-20 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When org-export-babel-evaluate is set to nil, I see a different behavior
now as compared to earlier versions of org.

Now it seems that all header arguments of a code block are ignored,
including the arguments to the :exports setting. Even when I have set
":exports results" or ":exports code" I always get code and results
exported in the resulting document. If org-export-babel-evaluate is set
to t then everything behaves the way I was used to, ":exports results"
just exports the results and when set to "code" just the code is exported.

I think that this should be considered a bug. I frequently (even most of
the time) want to evaluate the org blocks manually, not upon export, but
I want to be able to define whether only the results should be visible
in the exported document. For generated pictures this is usually the
normal case.

I am using org 9.0.5 from MELPA now, and I can't completely say when
this changed, but I am very sure that a few weeks ago the behavior was
different, since I am using org a lot for preparing documents.

Simple test document:

#####################
* Test

   #+BEGIN_SRC elisp :results output :exports code
     (princ (format "This should only export the code\nemacs %s\norg %s"
emacs-version org-version))
   #+END_SRC

   #+RESULTS:
   : This should only export the code
   : emacs 25.1.1
   : org 9.0.5

   #+BEGIN_SRC elisp :results output :exports results
     (princ (format "This should only export the results\nemacs %s\norg
%s" emacs-version org-version))
   #+END_SRC

   #+RESULTS:
   : This should only export the results
   : emacs 25.1.1
   : org 9.0.5

* COMMENT Org babel settings
Local Variables:
org-export-babel-evaluate: nil
End:

####################
ASCII exported document when org-export-babel-evaluate: nil

1 Test
======

   ,----
   `----

   ,----
   `----

   ,----
   | (princ (format "This should only export the results\nemacs %s\norg
%s" emacs-version org-version))
   `----

   ,----
   | This should only export the results
   | emacs 25.1.1
   | org 9.0.5
   `----

####################
ASCII exported document when org-export-babel-evaluate: t

1 Test
======

   ,----
   | (princ (format "This should only export the code\nemacs %s\norg %s"
emacs-version org-version))
   `----

   ,----
   | This should only export the results
   | emacs 25.1.1
   | org 9.0.5
   `----

Best regards,
Derek

--
Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr. Derek Feichtinger                   Phone:   +41 56 310 47 33