On Tue, 21 Feb 2017, Aaron Ecay wrote: > Hi Chuck, > > 2017ko otsailak 20an, "Charles C. Berry"-ek idatzi zuen: > > [...] > > >> >> Allowing header args to be processed (as before) also allows for arbitrary >> code to be executed. The point of setting ‘org-export-use-babel’ or >> `org-export-babel-evaluate' to nil was to prevent this. For that reason >> the former behavior was a bug. > > Iʼm not sure I agree that itʼs so simple. There are still ways to execute > arbitrary code on export independently of babel (e.g. eval macros). The > advice to use o-e-babel-evaluate for security was never (IMO) correct – > the only properly secure wat to export untrusted documents would involve > some kind of sandboxing of the emacs executable. > Fair enough. [snip] > > Taking a step back, I would ask what justifies o-e-b-eʼs existence at > all. This thread demonstrates that itʼs not the right way to prevent > babel blocks from executing on export. Itʼs also not a good solution to > the security issue. Given the potential for confusion, Iʼd be in favor > of deprecating it entirely unless thereʼs some compelling reason for it > to exist that Iʼve overlooked. In view of your point above about `eval' macros, I do not disagree. Chuck.