* Android sync client
@ 2017-06-30 10:15 Gour
From: Gour @ 2017-06-30 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've tried for some time to use Taskwarrior due to potentially working
Android client, but recently it stopped working and, moreover,
orgmode's recurring capabilities are simple superior in comparison
with Taskwarrior's, so I'm back to orgmode...

Now, I wonder which syncing client can you recommend for Android
phones?

I see there is mobile/sync-org as well as Orgzly...the client does not
have to have all the bells and whistles, but just being able to
reliable sync with my desktop (Fedora) without using Dropbox (for my
clients/contacts I use Baikal).

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who works in devotion, who is a pure soul, and who controls
his mind and senses is dear to everyone, and everyone is dear to

* Re: Android sync client
@ 2017-06-30 10:51 ` Michael Ax
From: Michael Ax @ 2017-06-30 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

git-annex!

On 06/30/2017 12:15 PM, Gour wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried for some time to use Taskwarrior due to potentially working
> Android client, but recently it stopped working and, moreover,
> orgmode's recurring capabilities are simple superior in comparison
> with Taskwarrior's, so I'm back to orgmode...
>
> Now, I wonder which syncing client can you recommend for Android
> phones?
>
> I see there is mobile/sync-org as well as Orgzly...the client does not
> have to have all the bells and whistles, but just being able to
> reliable sync with my desktop (Fedora) without using Dropbox (for my
> clients/contacts I use Baikal).
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

* Re: Android sync client
       [not found] <ae60ad8ff2664e4896aea7d39c0851d9@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-06-30 15:03 ` Eric S Fraga
       [not found]   ` <b441e4f6bad54fd1ba4c542b199bf818@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-06-30 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Friday, 30 Jun 2017 at 10:15, Gour wrote:
> Now, I wonder which syncing client can you recommend for Android
> phones?

What type of information do you specifically want to sync?
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-551-g92e8c8

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Android sync client
@ 2017-06-30 15:07   ` Gour
       [not found]   ` <b441e4f6bad54fd1ba4c542b199bf818@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Gour @ 2017-06-30 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 16:03:01 +0100
Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> What type of information do you specifically want to sync?

Mostly/only tasks (TODO/NEXT items) appearing in my Agenda view…I’ll try
to make org-caldav working for calendar entries…

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The senses are so strong and impetuous, O Arjuna,
that they forcibly carry away the mind even of a man

* Re: Android sync client
       [not found]   ` <b441e4f6bad54fd1ba4c542b199bf818@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-07-01 10:59     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-07-01 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Friday, 30 Jun 2017 at 15:07, Gour wrote:
> Mostly/only tasks (TODO/NEXT items) appearing in my Agenda view…I’ll try
> to make org-caldav working for calendar entries…

Do you need full 2-way synchronisation or would you want more one way
versus the other?  I ask because I am more concerned about retrieving
items from other places to put in my org files as I live in emacs most
of the time.  For that use case, I use an awk script to convert ICS
format files to org.  I can send you that if you wish.

Org will also export to ICS but I am not sure how it handles TODO
items.  It works fine for scheduled items, however.

--

@ 2017-07-02 13:33 ` Pier
From: Pier @ 2017-07-02 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gour; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I use termux with emacs and org installed in it.  I use a hosting server
and sync org files to-from there.

* Re: Android sync client
@ 2017-07-09 15:15       ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2017-07-09 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 11:59:35 +0100
Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Do you need full 2-way synchronisation or would you want more one way
> versus the other?  I ask because I am more concerned about retrieving
> items from other places to put in my org files as I live in emacs most
> of the time.  For that use case, I use an awk script to convert ICS
> format files to org.  I can send you that if you wish.

Well, there are certain items which I have to do 'on-the-road', so I'd like to
be able to mark them as done on my phone.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners,
when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge

* Re: Android sync client
@ 2017-07-09 15:16   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2017-07-09 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 02 Jul 2017 15:33:16 +0200
Pier <pier@acuti.net> wrote:

> I use termux with emacs and org installed in it.  I use a hosting
> server and sync org files to-from there.

That's interesting and worth exploring...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the
fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities.

* Re: Android sync client
@ 2017-07-09 15:19   ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2017-07-09 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 12:51:04 +0200
Michael Ax <michaelax@gmail.com> wrote:

> git-annex!

Hmmm...I heard about but in the other contextl...as an option for a full-backup
solution for my old multimedia collection, so have to investigate it again...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The spirit soul bewildered by the influence of false ego thinks
himself the doer of activities that are in actuality carried out