* Undesired behavior in `org-insert-link' when link contians "File:"
@ 2008-11-18  4:56 Michael Ekstrand
From: Michael Ekstrand @ 2008-11-18  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been trying to work with links to man pages in Org (using
org-man.el).  When I try to create a link to a Perl module in the File
package namespace, however, `org-insert-link' tries to do its same-file
link detection and winds up breaking the link.  The result is that the
link

  man:File::MimeInfo

gets rewritten to

  file::MimeInfo

Naturally, this isn't what I want.  Looking at `org-insert-link', it
seems that the problem may be that its same-file link detection is
matching 'file:' at beginning-of-word, which it is in this case.  In the
general case for which 'file:' detection is being used, is there a
reason to match against `\<' rather than `^' or `^[[:space:]]*'?
Changing to one of the latter two expressions would, I believe, keep it
From rewriting these links I am trying to create.

Other solutions/workarounds are welcome, of course.

BTW, this is in org-mode 6.12a from Emacs CVS.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.