I've been trying to work with links to man pages in Org (using org-man.el). When I try to create a link to a Perl module in the File package namespace, however, `org-insert-link' tries to do its same-file link detection and winds up breaking the link. The result is that the link man:File::MimeInfo gets rewritten to file::MimeInfo Naturally, this isn't what I want. Looking at `org-insert-link', it seems that the problem may be that its same-file link detection is matching 'file:' at beginning-of-word, which it is in this case. In the general case for which 'file:' detection is being used, is there a reason to match against `\<' rather than `^' or `^[[:space:]]*'? Changing to one of the latter two expressions would, I believe, keep it From rewriting these links I am trying to create. Other solutions/workarounds are welcome, of course. BTW, this is in org-mode 6.12a from Emacs CVS. - Michael -- mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type. Confused by the strange files? I cryptographically sign my messages. For more information see .