* APPT_WARNTIME not honored anymore in 8.0
@ 2013-04-19 16:58 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2013-04-19 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi,

Suppose I have the following entry:

** Karaoke <2012-09-21 Fri 20:00 +1w>
   :PROPERTIES:
   :APPT_WARNTIME: 17
   :END:

I should get a notice 17mn before 20:00 that I need to go to karaoke.
Now it does the default 90mn. It's a regression.

I might have time next week to look into it.
--
Forsake not an old friend; for the new is not comparable to him; a new
friend is as new wine; when it is old, thou shalt drink it with

* Re: APPT_WARNTIME not honored anymore in 8.0
@ 2013-04-19 17:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-19 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: org mode

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Kanis <banana@kanis.fr> writes:

> Suppose I have the following entry:
>
> ** Karaoke <2012-09-21 Fri 20:00 +1w>
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :APPT_WARNTIME: 17
>    :END:
>
> I should get a notice 17mn before 20:00 that I need to go to karaoke.
> Now it does the default 90mn. It's a regression.

I can't reproduce this -- I assume you added the appointment with
`org-agenda-to-appt', right?

> I might have time next week to look into it.

I'll also keep an eye on this.

--
 Bastien

* Re: APPT_WARNTIME not honored anymore in 8.0
@ 2013-04-19 18:38   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-04-19 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> Ivan Kanis <banana@kanis.fr> writes:
>
>> Suppose I have the following entry:
>>
>> ** Karaoke <2012-09-21 Fri 20:00 +1w>
>>    :PROPERTIES:
>>    :APPT_WARNTIME: 17
>>    :END:
>>
>> I should get a notice 17mn before 20:00 that I need to go to karaoke.
>> Now it does the default 90mn. It's a regression.
>
> I can't reproduce this -- I assume you added the appointment with
> `org-agenda-to-appt', right?

FWIW, neither can I.
--
Nick

* Re: APPT_WARNTIME not honored anymore in 8.0
@ 2013-04-20  7:31   ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2013-04-20  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org mode

April, 19 at 19:48 Bastien wrote:

>> I should get a notice 17mn before 20:00 that I need to go to karaoke.
>> Now it does the default 90mn. It's a regression.
>
> I can't reproduce this -- I assume you added the appointment with
> `org-agenda-to-appt', right?

AFAIK yes. I might have time next week to investigate.
--
It's the InterNIC's fault.
    -- BOFH excuse #3