* Problem in org + beamer on B_frame BEAMER_env for subsections with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
@ 2010-09-16 16:45 Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2010-09-16 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

It seems to me it's currently impossible to use a custom frames
sequencing in org + beamer, as only positive values of
BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL seem to be working here.

I'm trying to use the following simple slides document below, but it
fails with :
        ! You can't use `\end' in internal vertical mode.
        \enddocument ... \endgroup \deadcycles \z@ \@@end

        l.60 \end{document}

        ! LaTeX Error: \begin{beamer@framepauses} on input line 58 ended by \end{document}.

I guess it's because of the latex generated being :
        \begin{frame}
        \frametitle{Introduction}
        \label{sec-1}

        hehe\footnote{hehe }
        coin
        \begin{frame}
        [SNIP]
        \end{frame}
        \end{frame}

being generated instead of :
        \begin{frame}
        \frametitle{Introduction}
        \label{sec-1}

        hehe\footnote{hehe }
        coin
        \end{frame}
        \begin{frame}
        [SNIP]
        \end{frame}

Is this a known bug, or maybe linked to my latex beamer version
somehow ?
(org-mode being 7.01h-1 "unstable" Debian package)

Couldn't find a mention of this problem by googling, but may have missed
it.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

-------------
#+TITLE:    Example presentation with org and beamer
#+AUTHOR:    Your name
#+DATE:      Your date
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:
#+XSLT:
#+startup: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0

#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{default}\usecolortheme{default}
#+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args) %4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)
#+PROPERTY: BEAMER_col_ALL 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 :ETC

* Introduction                                                      :B_frame:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: frame
:END:
hehe[fn:1]
coin

** Coin                                                             :B_frame:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: frame
:END:
** Example subsection 1                                             :B_frame:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: frame
:END:
*** Subection 1 text
*** coin

* Footnotes
[fn:1] hehe

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF

* Re: Problem in org + beamer on B_frame BEAMER_env for subsections with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
@ 2010-09-17  8:03 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-09-17  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Olivier,

Olivier Berger wrote:
> It seems to me it's currently impossible to use a custom frames sequencing
> in org + beamer, as only positive values of BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL seem to be
> working here.
>
> I'm trying to use the following simple slides document below, but it fails
> [...]
>
> #+TITLE:    Example presentation with org and beamer
> #+startup: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
> #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
>
> #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{default}\usecolortheme{default}
> #+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args) %4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)
> #+PROPERTY: BEAMER_col_ALL 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 :ETC
>
> * Introduction                                                      :B_frame:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: frame
> :END:
> hehe[fn:1]
> coin
>
> ** Coin                                                             :B_frame:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: frame
> :END:
> ** Example subsection 1                                             :B_frame:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: frame
> :END:
> *** Subection 1 text
> *** coin
>
> * Footnotes
> [fn:1] hehe

What I find weird, here, is that you put Beamer frames *inside* other Beamer
frames. I think that's the problem.

Why are you trying to do so?  What are you trying to achieve, structurally?

For me, setting =BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL= to 0 means you can play with different
sectioning levels above your set of slides; but not that you can have slides
in slides...

Example:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* Intro (Section)

** Slide #1                                                         :B_frame:

** Slide #2                                                         :B_frame:

* Chapter 1 (Section)

** Problem (Sub-section)

** Slide #3                                                          :B_frame:

** Slide #4                                                          :B_frame:

** Solution (Sub-section)

** Slide #5                                                          :B_frame:

* Conclusion (Section)

** Slide #6                                                          :B_frame:
#+END_SRC

Here, you have the following TOC structure:

1. Intro
2. Chapter 1
   2.1 Problem
   2.2 Solution
3. Conclusion

and some slides that are placed at different structuring levels...

HTH,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban