* ML problems?
@ 2014-07-09 11:19 Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-07-09 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think there is a problem with the ML or maybe gmane.  I have received
several replies through private Cc: but even though those replies are
also cc:ed to the list, they haven't appeared either when I read gmane
through gnus or through the web. I also went looking for them on the
list archives

     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-07/threads.html

and did not find them there either. This suggests a problem with the
mailing list, rather than gmane.

Anybody else notice this?
--
Nick

* Re: ML problems?
@ 2014-07-09 12:08 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-07-09 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> I think there is a problem with the ML or maybe gmane.  I have received
> several replies through private Cc: but even though those replies are
> also cc:ed to the list, they haven't appeared either when I read gmane
> through gnus or through the web. I also went looking for them on the
> list archives
>
>      http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-07/threads.html
>
> and did not find them there either. This suggests a problem with the
> mailing list, rather than gmane.
>
> Anybody else notice this?

Yes, the gmane group is basically dead again, and one of my posts
appeared some 14h after posting it. Formerly, this problem was always
solved by Bastien sending a PM to Lars ;)

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: ML problems?
@ 2014-07-10  2:50 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-07-10  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> I think there is a problem with the ML or maybe gmane.  I have received
> several replies through private Cc: but even though those replies are
> also cc:ed to the list, they haven't appeared either when I read gmane
> through gnus or through the web. I also went looking for them on the
> list archives
>
>      http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-07/threads.html
>
> and did not find them there either. This suggests a problem with the
> mailing list, rather than gmane.
>
> Anybody else notice this?

OK - I guess things are back to normal. I've seen on the list everything
that I've sent and everything that I received privately (albeit with
24-48 hr delays).

Whoever is responsible: thanks for fixing it!

Nick

* Re: ML problems?
@ 2014-07-10  2:59   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-07-10  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I think there is a problem with the ML or maybe gmane.  I have received
>> several replies through private Cc: but even though those replies are
>> also cc:ed to the list, they haven't appeared either when I read gmane
>> through gnus or through the web. I also went looking for them on the
>> list archives
>>
>>      http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-07/threads.html
>>
>> and did not find them there either. This suggests a problem with the
>> mailing list, rather than gmane.
>>
>> Anybody else notice this?
>
> OK - I guess things are back to normal. I've seen on the list everything
> that I've sent and everything that I received privately (albeit with
> 24-48 hr delays).

24-48 hr delay ...

good, in the sense that then my lost posts are probably not lost but
just pending.

--
cheers,
Thorsten