* org-mode & multiple TODO sequences within a file.
@ 2007-03-15 16:45 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2007-03-15 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've been using org-mode happily for nearly 6 months and think it's a
fantastic tool!!  I've always quite liked Emacs, but org-mode has led to
me really seeing Emacs's potential.

I was however wondering if there was anyway for org-mode to support
multiple TODO sequences within a single file.  I tried specifying
sections of the file as operating under particular sequences, but this
doesn't seem to work (in 4.52) e.g.:

#+SEQ_TODO: REPORT BUG KNOWNCAUSE RESOLVED

* BUG there is a bug in foo...
* RESOLVED fixed bug.

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE

* TODO ask if org-mode can support multiple TODO sequences...
* DONE shopping...

A step even further might be to allow multiple TODO_SEQ which are bound
to different keys, allowing the user to mix and match e.g.:

* BUG blah blah

** TODO fix bug
** TODO celebrate

I realise that I could use checkboxes for stuff like this, but they
don't allow you to naturally specify a sequence.  So whilst it makes
sense for binary TODO->DONE transitions, for others it might not.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion, and something which I feel might enable
me to organise things even better.

Thanks,

R.