* apparent bug in org-insert-link with active region
@ 2007-10-03 15:56 William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2007-10-03 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Hi list

If I call org-insert-link with the region active, then the region
content is instantly deleted while I am prompted for the link. This is
rather disconcerting, but for most link types the region content
magically reappears as the default value of the description. However,
for "file:" links the default value of the description becomes the
link itself, and the previous content of the region is lost (as far as
I can see). Is this intended?

This is with Org version 5.09 - I'm sure it used to work at some time
in the past.

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia