From: Daniel Clemente <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: org-mode mailing list <email@example.com>
Subject: Is column view buggy?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:21:13 +0100 [thread overview]
Message-ID: <877i357ieu.fsf@CPU107.opentrends.net> (raw)
I don't know if it's just my setup, but I see many problems when using column view (C-c C-x C-c) on org6.23trans+Emacs23(Bazaar), specially with lots of properties in long lines (more than 1 visual line) or folded contents (where the ellipsis ... is visible). For instance:
1. The cursor isn't visible sometimes when it is over a header which has the ellipsis (...) at the end.
2. When I press the up/down arrows, the cursor goes to the upper/lower line, but 1 cell to the right. This happens just for the first up/down movement after a left/right one.
3. Sometimes the cursor is locked in a cell and I can't move it down with the down arrow key (however, up/left/right work).
These problems seem difficult to debug, since I have many possible causes (color theme, changed colors, fonts, changed ellipsis, maybe wrong configuration, …).
Should I report these problems in detail or are they already known?
next reply other threads:[~2009-03-04 9:21 UTC|newest]
Thread overview: 5+ messages / expand[flat|nested] mbox.gz Atom feed top
2009-03-04 9:21 Daniel Clemente [this message]
2009-03-05 9:37 ` Is column view buggy? Carsten Dominik
2009-03-09 19:23 ` Daniel Clemente
2009-03-10 17:52 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-03-16 15:50 ` Daniel Clemente
You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:
* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
and reply-to-all from there: mbox
Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
List information: https://www.orgmode.org/
* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
switches of git-send-email(1):
git send-email \
* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line
before the message body.
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).