From: Daniel Clemente <n142857@gmail.com>
To: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
Subject: Re: Is column view buggy?
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:23:48 +0100	[thread overview]

El dj, mar 05 2009, Carsten Dominik va escriure:

>> 1. The cursor isn't visible sometimes when it is over a header which has the
>> ellipsis (...) at the end.
>
> I have never seen this one.

  Of course, because it's invisible! :-)
  I think it has to do with the colors for the ellipsis or cursor. But I could not reproduce it today.

>> 2. When I press the up/down arrows, the cursor goes to the upper/
>> lower line, but 1 cell to the right. This happens just for the first up/down
>> movement after a left/right one.
>
> Yes, this I have seen, and now fixed.

  Thanks, it seems to work in the normal case. There are still some strange jumps; see below.

>> 3. Sometimes the cursor is locked in a cell and I can't move it down with the
>> down arrow key (however, up/left/right work).
>
> I have not seen that either, maybe you can create a reproducible test case?

  I can reproduce this bug in column view mode simply using this .emacs

-----------------------
(add-to-list 'load-path "/w/org-mode/lisp") (require 'org-install)
(setq org-startup-truncated nil)
-----------------------

  , Emacs 23.0.91.2, org-mode 6.24a, and this test file:

-----------------------
#+COLUMNS: %10ITEM %3TODO %40name %34title %47comment

* test column view

** TODO one
   :PROPERTIES:
   :name:     ttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttt tttttttt
   :title:    mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm
   :comment:  c cccccccccc c c c cccccccccccc c c cc cccccccc
   :END:

** two
   :PROPERTIES:
   :name:     ggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg gggggggg
   :title:    zzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz
   :comment:  p pppppppppp p p p pppppppppppp p p pp pppppppp
   :END:
** DONE three
   :PROPERTIES:
   :name:     TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTT
   :title:    MMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMM
   :comment:  C CCCCCCCCCC C C C CCCCCCCCCCCC C C CC CCCCCCCC
   :END:
-----------------------

  You must have lines longer than the window so that they span two visual lines each.

1. Enter column mode in the first heading
2. Press down arrow. It doesn't move

Another:
1. Click in first or second item line
2. Press down arrow until you reach the third item
3. Press up arrow. It can't move up

Another way:
1. Expand the three item with TAB so that you see the :PROPERTIES: line for each
2. Click the middle one in the ggggggggggggg
3. You cannot move down
4. Click the field to the right (zzzzzzzzz)
5. You cannot move neither up nor down with the arrow keys

  This seems only one bug. I suppose that the (next-line) should move by real lines instead of by logical lines.

  Thanks,

Daniel