* exporter for latex g-brief - extending \begin{document}
@ 2014-03-05  0:21 LanX
From: LanX @ 2014-03-05  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode list

Hi

Im using a latex class called g-brief to create formal german letters (see
e.g. http://vimpy.org/wp/archives/47) and I'm trying to add an exporter to
org-mode.

my problem is that I need to enclose the text within

\begin{document}
\begin{g-brief}

... here comes text

\end{g-brief}
\end{document}

so any customization possibilities to nest the document within
begin/end{g-brief} (before I try patching the org-mode.el)

Does it help to upgrade, my org-version is 7.7

Thanks
 Rolf

* Re: exporter for latex g-brief - extending \begin{document}
@ 2014-03-05  8:34 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-03-05  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> Im using a latex class called g-brief to create formal german letters (see
> e.g. http://vimpy.org/wp/archives/47) and I'm trying to add an exporter to
> org-mode.

Have you tried ox-koma-letter.el?

> my problem is that I need to enclose the text within
>
> \begin{document}
> \begin{g-brief}
>
> ... here comes text
>
> \end{g-brief}
> \end{document}

#+TITLE: title

#+BEGIN_g-brief
... here comes text
#+END_g-brief

> so any customization possibilities to nest the document within
> begin/end{g-brief} (before I try patching the org-mode.el)
>
> Does it help to upgrade, my org-version is 7.7

Yes.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Slowly unravels in a ball of yarn and the devil collects it

* Re: exporter for latex g-brief - extending \begin{document}
@ 2014-03-05 15:57   ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2014-03-05 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode list

Hi Rasmus

Have you tried ox-koma-letter.el?

not yet, I just started recently switching back to latex and g-brief did
what I needed for a formal german letter and I just need it once per month
so far.

> #+TITLE: title
>
> #+BEGIN_g-brief
> ... here comes text
> #+END_g-brief

OK thanks, I take it as indication that the exporter can't be configured to
do this implicitely...

Yes.

could you please be more specific?

Oh I see...

 http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html
   "depends on the following org-mode version 8.0 or greater"

cheers

@ 2014-03-10 13:29     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-03-10 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

LanX,

LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> writes:

> Have you tried ox-koma-letter.el?
>>

> not yet, I just started recently switching back to latex and g-brief did
> what I needed for a formal german letter and I just need it once per month
> so far.

KOMA-Script has build in support for DIM.

>> #+TITLE: title
>>
>> #+BEGIN_g-brief
>> ... here comes text
>> #+END_g-brief
>>

> OK thanks, I take it as indication that the exporter can't be configured to
> do this implicitely...

Sure, you can make a derived class, use a filter or something else.
Ox-koma-letter is an example of a derived class for letters.  There is
also a letter exporter using groff as backend.  Note that the special
heading keywords (see the wiki) are not compatible across the two
exporters.

> could you please be more specific?

It's a new and in all dimension superior export engine.  On this list
we'll generally assume you're using a recent version of Org.
Currently, this implies a version ≥ 8.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--