Hi Rasmus Have you tried ox-koma-letter.el? > > not yet, I just started recently switching back to latex and g-brief did what I needed for a formal german letter and I just need it once per month so far. > #+TITLE: title > > #+BEGIN_g-brief > ... here comes text > #+END_g-brief > OK thanks, I take it as indication that the exporter can't be configured to do this implicitely... Yes. > > could you please be more specific? ... Oh I see... http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html "depends on the following org-mode version 8.0 or greater" cheers Rolf