* Re: feature request: (more) in agenda?
@ 2007-08-06  3:43 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2007-08-06  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Why don't you just switch on the follow mode in the agenda buffer
(enter the 'f' command in agenda window).

Look at the top window and see if the item has three dots following
the headline?

Charles

@ 2007-08-06  8:32 ` ignotus
From: ignotus @ 2007-08-06  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: charles_cave; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  > Why don't you just switch on the follow mode in the agenda buffer
  > (enter the 'f' command in agenda window).

  > Look at the top window and see if the item has three dots following
  > the headline?

I did not know about the follow mode, nice!

Unfortunately follow mode makes changes to the window configuration (I
think this is a bug).  Like you are in a buffer, bring up agenda mode,
that splits the frame and occupies the lower window.  When you press q,
you are back in the buffer you were editing or anything.  But if you
have follow mode turned on and kill agenda view, you will be in a org
buffer, not your original buffer.

Thanks.

--
Udv, Ricsi

* Re: Re: feature request: (more) in agenda?
@ 2007-08-07  0:33     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-08-07  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

ignotus@freemail.hu writes:

>   >     In any case, I don't think it is that uncommon to have todo
>   > heading with body info and I know I would be annoyed by a feature
>   > like this if I couldn't turn it off.  I think there is a more
>   > general/flexible feature that could implement this waiting to be
>   > thought up.
>
> Thanks for the input, I like that customizeble format string in agenda
> views idea of yours.

Either a format string (stored in a :Agenda: property?) or something
similar to the :COLUMNS: property.

For example, if there were a new special property for the %CONTENT, then
this property could be used to store the first characters of the current
headline's content.

  :AGENDA: %TAGS %TODO %25ITEM %15CONTENT %20SCHEDULED

Would make the following todo line:

,----
| * Try to propose something useful to Org people     :tag:
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   SCHEDULED: <2007-08-13 lun>
|   :AGENDA: %TAGS %25ITEM %20SCHEDULED %15CONTENT
|   :END:
|
| Some content here.
`----

displayed like this:

  :tag: Try to propose something <2007-08-13 lun> Some content he

Or maybe this could be refined as this

  :AGENDA: "%s %s on %s (%s...)" %TAGS %25ITEM %20SCHEDULED %15CONTENT

So that the display would be

  :tag: Try to propose something on <2007-08-13 lun> (Some content he...)

I think using properties to define the way we want agenda entries to be
displayed is fine, since it let you define it for a whole buffer or for
each entry separately.

--
Bastien

* Re: Re: feature request: (more) in agenda?
@ 2007-08-10  6:57   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-10  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ignotus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 6, 2007, at 10:32, ignotus@freemail.hu wrote:

>> Why don't you just switch on the follow mode in the agenda buffer
>> (enter the 'f' command in agenda window).
>
>> Look at the top window and see if the item has three dots following
>> the headline?
>
> I did not know about the follow mode, nice!
>
> Unfortunately follow mode makes changes to the window configuration (I
> think this is a bug).  Like you are in a buffer, bring up agenda mode,
> that splits the frame and occupies the lower window.  When you press q,
> you are back in the buffer you were editing or anything.  But if you
> have follow mode turned on and kill agenda view, you will be in a org
> buffer, not your original buffer.

Please take a look at the
variable `org-agenda-restore-windows-after-quit'.

- Carsten

* Re: Re: feature request: (more) in agenda?
@ 2007-08-11 14:30     ` ignotus
From: ignotus @ 2007-08-11 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  > Please take a look at the variable
  > `org-agenda-restore-windows-after-quit'.

Superb, thanks!

--
Udv, Ricsi