* org-todo-keywords-1 detection in asyn export
@ 2014-04-01  6:17 zwz
From: zwz @ 2014-04-01  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Before I adopt asyn export, I config in an org file

#+TODO: XeTeX

to locally set xelatex for org-latex-pdf-process by:

(if (member "XeTeX" org-todo-keywords-1)
    (setq org-latex-default-packages-alist
                      (remove '("AUTO" "inputenc" t)
                              org-latex-default-packages-alist)
                      org-latex-pdf-process
                      '("latexmk -xelatex -pdf -silent -f %f")))

But when I move the config to my org-export-async-init-file, it does not
take effect in asyn export. The default org-latex-pdf-process pdflatex
runs instead of xelatex.

How to locally set org-latex-pdf-process?

* Re: org-todo-keywords-1 detection in asyn export
@ 2014-04-17  7:07 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-17  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:

> How to locally set org-latex-pdf-process?

#+BIND: org-latex-pdf-process ...

should work.

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-todo-keywords-1 detection in asyn export
@ 2014-04-17 10:58   ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2014-04-17 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> How to locally set org-latex-pdf-process?
>
> #+BIND: org-latex-pdf-process ...
>
> should work.

Thank you, Bastien.

Sometimes my org-latex-pdf-process is quite complicated, as I will
set or add-to-list some extra process, for example:

if "XeTeX" is a member of org-todo-keywords-1, I would set the local
org-latex-pdf-process to use xelatex instead of pdflatex;

if "handout" is a member of org-todo-keywords-1, I would add-to-list
some preprocessing steps and even "pdfnup" into org-latex-pdf-process to
generate a ready-for-print version at the same time;

So here what I mean by "locally" is to adjust the org-latex-pdf-process
by some keywords, instead of binding it with some specific code/value
(which is difficult for modification)

However I found it does not work in asyn export.

* Re: org-todo-keywords-1 detection in asyn export
@ 2014-04-17 20:18     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-04-17 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:

> So here what I mean by "locally" is to adjust the org-latex-pdf-process
> by some keywords, instead of binding it with some specific code/value
> (which is difficult for modification)

`org-latex-pdf-process' can be a function. You could send it a message
telling it what functions to use. For example, a hook could find out
what LaTeX class you're using and send the appropriate message to the
function.

> However I found it does not work in asyn export.

Is is not related to async export.

A few variables live outside the scope of BIND keywords.
`org-latex-pdf-process' is one of them. Though, you can always define it
as a file local variable.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-todo-keywords-1 detection in asyn export
@ 2014-04-18 14:21       ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2014-04-18 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> So here what I mean by "locally" is to adjust the org-latex-pdf-process
>> by some keywords, instead of binding it with some specific code/value
>> (which is difficult for modification)
>
> `org-latex-pdf-process' can be a function. You could send it a message
> telling it what functions to use. For example, a hook could find out
> what LaTeX class you're using and send the appropriate message to the
> function.

Thank you, Nicolas.
Can you give me some example code?

>> However I found it does not work in asyn export.
>
> Is is not related to async export.

I am not sure if I get you totally.
Here is what I put in my org-export-async-init-file:
(defun ox-xetex-setup ()
  (if (member "XeTeX" org-todo-keywords-1)
      (setq org-latex-default-packages-alist
                      (remove '("AUTO" "inputenc" t)
                              org-latex-default-packages-alist)
                      org-latex-pdf-process
                      '("latexmk -xelatex -pdf -silent -f %f"))))

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda () (ox-xetex-setup)))
;; instead of add-hook as above, you can just put
;; (ox-xetex-setup)
;; but again, it still calls pdflatex when export asynchronously

And in some test.org:

#+TODO: XeTeX
* test
  blah blah

When I export it asynchronously, org-export calls pdflatex rather than
xelatex to generate pdf.

And even I put (ox-xetex-setup) directly in org-export-async-init-file,
it still does not work as expected.

@ 2014-04-18 19:13         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-04-18 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:

> Can you give me some example code?

I was thinking about something like this (untested):

(let (template)
  (defun ngz-set-template (new)
    (setq template new))
  (defun ngz-latex-process (file)
    (case template
      (a (do-something-with file))
      (b (do-something-else-with file))
      (otherwise (do-default-with file)))))

(defun ngz-latex-class-to-template (info backend)
  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
    (ngz-set-template
     (let ((value (plist-get info :latex-class)))
       (cond ((string= value "classA") 'a)
             ((string= value "classB") 'b)
             (t nil))))
    info))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-options-functions
             'ngz-latex-class-to-template)

(setq org-latex-pdf-process #'ngz-latex-process)

Obviously, you need to activate lexical binding.

> I am not sure if I get you totally.

I was talking about BIND keyword, not about your initial implementation.

> Here is what I put in my org-export-async-init-file:
> (defun ox-xetex-setup ()
>   (if (member "XeTeX" org-todo-keywords-1)
>       (setq org-latex-default-packages-alist
>                       (remove '("AUTO" "inputenc" t)
>                               org-latex-default-packages-alist)
>                       org-latex-pdf-process
>                       '("latexmk -xelatex -pdf -silent -f %f"))))
>
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda () (ox-xetex-setup)))
> ;; instead of add-hook as above, you can just put
> ;; (ox-xetex-setup)
> ;; but again, it still calls pdflatex when export asynchronously

[...]

> When I export it asynchronously, org-export calls pdflatex rather than
> xelatex to generate pdf.

I think the problem comes from `org-todo-keywords-1'. Its value is
probably not updated during export.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-todo-keywords-1 detection in asyn export
@ 2014-04-19 13:47           ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2014-04-19 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Can you give me some example code?
>
> I was thinking about something like this (untested):
>
> (let (template)
>   (defun ngz-set-template (new)
>     (setq template new))
>   (defun ngz-latex-process (file)
>     (case template
>       (a (do-something-with file))
>       (b (do-something-else-with file))
>       (otherwise (do-default-with file)))))
>
> (defun ngz-latex-class-to-template (info backend)
>   (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
>     (ngz-set-template
>      (let ((value (plist-get info :latex-class)))
>        (cond ((string= value "classA") 'a)
>              ((string= value "classB") 'b)
>              (t nil))))
>     info))
>
> (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-options-functions
>              'ngz-latex-class-to-template)
>
> (setq org-latex-pdf-process #'ngz-latex-process)
>
> Obviously, you need to activate lexical binding.

>> I am not sure if I get you totally.
>
> I was talking about BIND keyword, not about your initial
> implementation.

Thank you, Nicolas.
I used BIND before, but never like what your example code does.

>> Here is what I put in my org-export-async-init-file:
>> (defun ox-xetex-setup ()
>>   (if (member "XeTeX" org-todo-keywords-1)
>>       (setq org-latex-default-packages-alist
>>                       (remove '("AUTO" "inputenc" t)
>>                               org-latex-default-packages-alist)
>>                       org-latex-pdf-process
>>                       '("latexmk -xelatex -pdf -silent -f %f"))))
>>
>> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda () (ox-xetex-setup)))
>> ;; instead of add-hook as above, you can just put
>> ;; (ox-xetex-setup)
>> ;; but again, it still calls pdflatex when export asynchronously
>>

> [...]
>
>> When I export it asynchronously, org-export calls pdflatex rather than
>> xelatex to generate pdf.
>
> I think the problem comes from `org-todo-keywords-1'. Its value is
> probably not updated during export.

Yes, I guess so.
But it worked during *synchronous* export, even when I put
#+TODO: XeTeX
in a common option-template file, which is then included by #+SETUPFILE
in many org files.