* Versioning of worg content
@ 2017-01-06 20:17 Stefan-W. Hahn
From: Stefan-W. Hahn @ 2017-01-06 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

is their a defined proceeding of how to cope with incompatible changes of
org-mode in the examples at orgmode.org/worg?

Just stumbled about examples for org-agenda where org-agenda-ndays is still
used when I already using org 9.1 where the alias is removed.

With kind regards
Stefan

--
Stefan-W. Hahn                          It is easy to make things.
                                        It is hard to make things simple.

* Re: Versioning of worg content
@ 2017-07-03  5:10 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2017-07-03  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan-W. Hahn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Stefan,

"Stefan-W. Hahn" <stefan.hahn@s-hahn.de> writes:

> is their a defined proceeding of how to cope with incompatible changes of
> org-mode in the examples at orgmode.org/worg?

No.  Worg needs love.  And yes, we could tag Worg's repository
with Org-mode versions, the same as we would do with documentation.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Versioning of worg content
@ 2017-07-03 16:29   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-07-03 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
> No.  Worg needs love.  And yes, we could tag Worg's repository
> with Org-mode versions, the same as we would do with documentation.

If you are talking about the Git repository behind Worg, then:

a) Yes, we could give that repository version tags.
b) No, we shouldn't do that unless SomeOne™ keeps all of Worg consistent
with the Org releases.

If you are saying instead that the examples in Worg should be annotated
with the Org version that they were provided for (or last tested to be
working at), that would be good, but see b) above.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: