* new ikiwiki export plugin for org
@ 2011-12-03  5:23 Chris Gray
From: Chris Gray @ 2011-12-03  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've created a new export plugin for org-mode files for the ikiwiki wiki
compiler.  It's in a very preliminary state at
https://github.com/chrismgray/ikiwiki-org-plugin

Just to prove that it is working to some extent, I am currently using it
to generate my blog at http://chrismgray.github.com

When it actually works properly, it will have a few advantages over the
perl plugin originally authored by Manoj Srivastiva.  First, it should
be faster.  The perl plugin starts a new emacs process for every org
file that it encounters.  The new plugin talks to an emacs instance
using emacsclient and xml-rpc.  Having the bulk of the work being done
inside emacs also means that org-mode can expose its internal structure
to the plugin, so getting things like the title and other metadata is
much easier than writing another org-mode parser in perl.

Anyway, I don't know if there are any other users of ikiwiki on this
list, but I hope someone might find it useful.

Cheers,
Chris